PDA

View Full Version : Are YOU Wearing A Costume For Halloween?

randomkid
10-31-2008, 01:11 PM
I wasn't planning on it, but for the past month, DD has been insisting that I will be Dorothy since she is going to be Glinda. I did nothing to prepare for this as I really thought I could talk her out of it. Somehow, she thinks *everyone*, including adult neighbors without kids, should wear a costume.

This morning, she started crying when I told her I would not be dressing up. So, I just came from the Party Store where I paid $35 for a Dorothy dress that is too big for me. At least their costumes were 30% off. I didn't feel like driving around town since I'm sick. I just cut the tulle out of it because it made my hips look huge! I looked ridiculous because I am thin and this big costume is not flattering on me at all. Oh well, it was this one or the sexy, super short skirt costume - uh, no!

The things we do for our kiddos! :hug5:

bubbaray
10-31-2008, 01:12 PM
I'll wear all black and my black with green boa feather trim witch's hat.

randomkid
10-31-2008, 01:20 PM
I'll wear all black and my black with green boa feather trim witch's hat.

Dang! I could've done that and told DD I was the Wicked Witch. Of course, she probably would not have liked that since she doesn't like the witch.

mommylamb
10-31-2008, 01:22 PM
I've got a witch hat that has little gold stars on it, so I'll probably put that on. Other than that, I'm wearing jeans and a sweater!

bubbaray
10-31-2008, 01:28 PM
Dang! I could've done that and told DD I was the Wicked Witch. Of course, she probably would not have liked that since she doesn't like the witch.

But, you need to go shopping on Saturday morning right -- pick one up for next year, LOL.

And, you can always be Glenda, the Good Witch. With a white hat, of course....

Fairy
10-31-2008, 01:42 PM
I'm wearing my new comfy outfit from the gap that's brown/taupe, so that doesn't fit witch or cat, which is usually what I am.

I guess I could be poop. Heh.

Ok, so what I think I'm gonan do is go ahead and put on the black ears and draw the cat whiskers and do the cat thing. I can't not do something. It's my favorite day of the year! If I change my mind, then I'll get my face all greened up, put on the lashes and hat, and do the witch. But the outfit stays on!

bubbaray
10-31-2008, 01:44 PM
I guess I could be poop. Heh.

Um, where did I put those monitor wipes....

maestramommy
10-31-2008, 02:35 PM
Nope. I use what energy I have getting the kids' costumes. That's enough for now;)