PDA

View Full Version : Way late - Where to get fake candles for pumpkins?

o_mom
10-31-2008, 02:14 PM
We have two of the fake plastic tea light candles that we have used for pumpkins in the past - no burns, no blowing out. One is dead (left on) and we have three pumpkins. Anyone seen these at a B&M store?

Meijer didn't have any. I can't remember where I got them last time and don't want to run all over creation looking for them.:duh:

Fairy
10-31-2008, 02:38 PM
You should be able to replace the batter -- Target should have that. If you need a whole new one, I got mine at Bed Bath & Beyond. Or you can maybe go to one of the Halloween Warehouse stores that are popping up. Halloween USA took over all the Wicks Furniture stores that recently closed in our area. If all else fails, get a light stick or glow stick at Target and stick that in there. Hope that helps!

o_mom
10-31-2008, 02:42 PM
Ohhh.. BBB.. I'll send DH. I would have to locate the dead one and find the battery to figure out which type. That still leaves us one tea-light short, though, so I'm thinking just getting two more is the easier route.

Thanks!! I did pick up some glow-sticks on clearance, but that's my backup plan. They are way to valuable around here: two glow sticks + windowless finished basement = two hours with no fighting.

bubbaray
10-31-2008, 02:45 PM
New ones might also be cheaper than buying replacement batteries....

Fairy
10-31-2008, 02:47 PM
New ones might also be cheaper than buying replacement batteries....

Yeah, good call there. Scratch the batteries . . .

Gena
10-31-2008, 04:10 PM
I saw some at Walgreens yesterday. They were by the regular candles.

MommytoEliana
10-31-2008, 04:59 PM
I just saw some at Target. Probably should have gotten those instead of the cheap tealights I picked up....

luvmypeanut
10-31-2008, 05:53 PM
I got a package of 28 lights + 28 replacement batteries at Costco for something like $13. I love that place.

I've also seen them at Ben Franklin, Pricebusters or a dollar store equivalent, and grocery stores.

MamaMolly
10-31-2008, 05:57 PM
I found some this week at CVS. They were in the weirdest place, on one of those hanging straps that dangles in front of the shelves, I think on the baby care aisle? :shrug: About $4 six.

s7714
10-31-2008, 06:04 PM
I couldn't find them at my Target at all this week (been there twice already :innocent: ), so I ended up getting them at BB&B. Then I found them at the regular grocery store for less than 1/3 of the price! ($1.99 for one at BB&B vs. $1.79 for a three pack at Albertsons!)