PDA

View Full Version : Have you got a "funny" to post?

bubbaray
10-31-2008, 03:46 PM
I could use some levity -- post something cute or funny that has happened to you, your children, etc....

Mine:
DD#2 is a dragon/dinosaur for Halloween. Hey, not only is the costume itself green, but its "green" in that I've recycled it from DD#1's use a few years ago. THat's the only reason I picked it for her. However, DD#2 loves The Wiggles. L.O.V.E.S. The Wiggles. Toot Toot Chugga Chugga. So, this morning I notice that her Dorothy the Dinosaur stuffy (from the concert in April) is sitting beside her costume for tonight. I ask DH if he put it there, he denied it, as did DD#1. DD#2 put her Dorothy the Dinosaur beside her dinosaur costume. How freakin' cute is that? I guess I should go out and find her a white hat and red roses, LOL.

OK, your turns.

LarsMal
10-31-2008, 03:56 PM
That's cute!

DS has had 2 this week that stand out:

1) We finally decided to try to help him understand that I'm having a baby. We showed him our latest u/s pics and asked what he thought it was. Of course he said, "M in Mommy's belly." We told him no, it's a new baby. He thought for a minute then said, "Can I have another cookie?" Yep, about what I expected! Then, the next day he was climbing over me and I said to watch out for the baby in Mommy's belly. He looked at me and said, "Mommy there is NO baby in your belly!" Guess he won't "get it" 'til I'm showing more!

2) I was at his school yesterday for his Halloween party. His teacher said she did something one of the kids said, "Ms. S, you're a silly girl." DS (my super shy, quiet kid) spoke up after a minute and said, "Ms. S is NOT a girl, she is a woman." Cracked me up!

elektra
10-31-2008, 04:02 PM
DD is at the point where we can actually understand a good portion of what she is saying. There are some (most actually) words that we still pretty much have to translate for others though.
DD seems to always get the ending sound correct, but the beginning of the word often gets jumbled, or started with just the "k" sounds.
Let me just say that there are way more words that end in the "ock" sound than I realized and DD loves saying these over and over. So she often yells out an alternative word to a male chicken while pointing to her socks, a clock or a truck. I am used to it now but it tends to shock others.

irie i
10-31-2008, 04:07 PM
I'm pregnant with my first baby so I am still anticipating all the funnies he's gonna do...but I have 5 nephews and 2 nieces so I have a few cute stories to share...all of which have to do with food. :)

I drove to a local burger joint to pick up food for the whole family one afternoon. My nephew Jonathon was about 6 at the time. He opened his children's meal box and took out the burger. My mom and I couldn't see the burger cuz the box was in front of it but he had this really perplexed look on his face. Finally, in the cutest little boy voice he screams..."Where's the meat?!" hahaha...the idiots had given Jonathan 2 pieces of bread...no beef, no veggies, cheese, condiments...nothing!

Same nephew, a couple of years before. He was eating Chinese food and we caught him eating the baby corn like a regular corn on the cob! hahaha he had two little fingers on either end of the baby corn and was taking the teeniest little bites to get the "kernels" off the "cob!"

This is one that just happened recently. I don't live in Tx anymore but my Mom called to share it with me. She was taking care of my brother's 3 kids as my brother and his wife were both at a teacher's inservice. The littlest nephew Ricky asked my Mom if she would cook him some "Roman noodles" (ramen). She made him some and noticed he was eating it like it the best food ever. He started yelling to his older brother..."Joey Grandma made THE BEST ROMAN NOODLES EVER!" He slurped it all down and was wide-eyed the entire time...like he had just discovered something completely amazing. Haha. Later, when my sister-in-law came home, my Mom found out the reason why: My sister in law, because Ramen is so heavy with sodium, only uses half of one seasoning packet for TWO ramen noodle packets! Hahaha!

My oldest niece Amanda used to call broccoli "trees" and cottage cheese "balloons." We went on a road trip about 7 hours away to Dallas when she was 2 1/2 or 3. We were at a salad bar. She was used to our local salad bar, which had both "trees" and "balloons" all the time. When my sister discovered that there wasn't any broccoli or cottage cheese she told my niece who proceeded to scream AT THE TOP OF HER LUNGS "I WANT BALLOONS I WANT TREES!!" It made absolutely no sense to anyone and it was sooo embarassing...but kind of cute at the same time. She got time out with Daddy in the car for that one!

maestramommy
10-31-2008, 04:07 PM
Okay, this is more of a cutie, but it's funny to me. Dora has a princess dress and loves to wear it. Lately ARwyn is in to putting stuff on too and looking at herself in the mirror. Yesterday I was relaxing on the recliner, Dora headed upstairs to get her princess dress so I could put it on her. She comes down with it still on the hanger, and I put it on. Then I see Arwyn come in. Dora says, "Arwyn wear princess dress also!" It's Dora's HA playdress/tunic from last year that I'm saving for Arwyn. Arwyn has it, still on a hanger, pleased as punch and she's waving it in my face saying, "da! Da!" So I put it on, and she starts cooing. Later on when I take it off before dinner (no princess dresses while eating) she has a FIT:ROTFLMAO:

proudsahmof3
10-31-2008, 04:16 PM
DS1 was getting ready for preschool earlier in the week, and I had just gotten done in the shower and was putting my makeup on half-dressed. He needed my help with something, and since DH was still snoring away in bed, I of course was the only one to assist. When I come in, DS says "Mommy, you're getting big!" which I assume is a comment about my 35 week pregnant belly, so when I ask "what's getting big?", imagine my surprise when he responds "those things!" and points to my chest! Hmm, I guess half-dressed isn't going to cut it anymore!

LarsMal
10-31-2008, 04:17 PM
Thought I should give DD her moment, too!

The other day she was sitting at the table with her hand to her ear,

"Hello, Gigi...How are you goo-ing (doing)?...You good...okay, talk later...bye bye." It was so funny, and when I looked at her she was using her chocolate cookie as her phone!

dcmom2b3
10-31-2008, 04:29 PM
I love these threads!

Many of DD's recent funnies are church-related for some reason. My favorite:

We're Episcopalian; our parish isn't too stuffy, but isn't rockin' out in the pews, either. Except for DD, who, at a particularly solemn point in last sunday's service (consecration of the bread & wine, maybe?) launched into a full-on, James Brown style happy feet dance -- shaking her head, clapping her hands, eyes closed, just gettin' DOWN. To the choir's plainsong chant. My mother and I and much of the rest of the congregation could barely keep from cracking up.

MontrealMum
10-31-2008, 04:36 PM
Yesterday when I was getting dressed I let DS play around in our bedroom. He spied my bra, took off with it down the hall, and I had to chase him topless into the kitchen! Luckily, I hadn't opened the blinds yet. He would not give it up or exchange it for another one. Don't know if that's good or bad.

trentsmom
10-31-2008, 09:05 PM
Every night, DS and I lie in his bed and talk after we say prayers. This is our conversation Sunday night after he came home from Awanas.

Me: What did you have for snack?

DS: Raisins and hick juice.

Me: Hick juice?

DS: Yes.

Me, after thinking for a second: Do you mean Hi-C?

DS: Yes!

And then we both started laughing!

jerigirl
10-31-2008, 09:20 PM
DS is really into tracing his hands and feet lately. The other day, DH was getting DS ready for bed. After the customary books were read DS was procrastinating so he went to his easel and began drawing on the chalkboard. I was in a different room from where he was but I could hear him saying "trace hand" and "trace foot". I could also hear him saying something else but couldn't make out what. DH later told me when he walked into the room where DS was, he was leaning his head and shoulders up against the easel and saying "trace E...(his name)" and had the chalk in his hand by his head. He was trying to trace himself standing up! I thought that was funny!

srhs
10-31-2008, 09:25 PM
My nephew walked into the living room holding the bottom of a bun. He asked, "Um, Grandma, do you know where the sloppy part of this is?" (as in the meat of sloppy joes) Apparently, then, the bread is the joe.

JMS
10-31-2008, 09:44 PM
I have two preparing for new baby stories:

1. I told DD I was having a baby on a Tues, on Wed when I picked her up at school, she asked if I had the baby yet. I was 10 weeks.

2. DH asked DS if he would teach his baby brother how to play ball. Unbeknownst to us he was holding a bouncy ball. He threw the ball at my stomach and said, "he didn't catch it!" DH and I were crying we were laughing so hard - had to be there :)

sarahsthreads
10-31-2008, 10:28 PM
My brother recently proposed to his girlfriend, so I was telling DD that soon she'd get to call Uncle D.'s friend G. "Aunt G." She was all excited and talked a bit about their marrying kiss and living happily ever after. (Kid's watched one too many Disney movies, methinks.)

Fast forward to dinner that night...

She looked at me, and her little bottom lip started trembling, and she said in this heartbroken little voice, "Mommy, I don't think I'm ever going to find a boy who will want to marry me when I grow up."

I kind of thought I'd have a few more years before I had to start reassuring her about that! She's apparently 4 going on 14.

Sarah :)

elizabethkott
11-01-2008, 12:10 AM
I mail-ordered a pair of boots that came today. DS has a particular fascination with boxes as of late. He discovered that he can lie down in the boot box perfectly if totally scrunched up on his side. Tonight, he got himself into the box, closed all the flaps on himself except for one, and then poked his head out of the opening to say, "Night, night, mama!" before pulling the final flap closed on himself.
Hilarious!

julieakc
11-01-2008, 02:16 AM
Tonight after repeatedly explaining to DS that I could not go back in time and change something from days ago, I finally asked him "do you have a time machine?"....of course he replied "no" and after I said that I did not either he proceeded to tell me that I should go to the store and buy a time machine. :duh: If only it was that easy.

WatchingThemGrow
11-01-2008, 08:09 AM
DD brought me a 5lb sack of potatoes yesterday saying, "Mama, I'm hungry. Open these up for my snack, please."

missym
11-01-2008, 11:04 AM
Conversation overheard this morning:

Becca: "I want my candy."
Daddy: "You're not eating candy for breakfast."
Becca: "I'm not gonna EAT it, I'm just gonna LICK it."

Melaine
11-01-2008, 11:26 AM
DH and I actually went on a date this week. We went out for casual dinner with friends, without the kids! My dad was in town to stay with them and while they were napping I decided to "get crazy" and actually put on make-up and a casual dress. When I walked into the girls' room as they were waking up from their nap, DD stood up in her crib, smiled big and said, "Mama.....PRETTY! Pretty mama!" which I thought was both very sweet and kind of disturbing. I mean, it was a really casual dress and the bare minimum of makeup, yet even the just turned two year old notices? Sad.....

Melaine
11-01-2008, 11:27 AM
Conversation overheard this morning:

Becca: "I want my candy."
Daddy: "You're not eating candy for breakfast."
Becca: "I'm not gonna EAT it, I'm just gonna LICK it."

That is HILARIOUS!!!

JTsMom
11-01-2008, 11:56 AM
Last night, Jason was extremely excited while we were ToT'ing. He was dancing around and telling people, "Happy Birthday!" You know, because of the "pumpkin cakes with candles!!!" :love-retry:

He also was confused at the first couple of houses we went to. He thought the people openening the doors were inviting him in, so he strolled right through their front doors! Thank goodness they had a sense of humor about it. LOL