PDA

View Full Version : Are You Good At Writing Memos/Fundraiser Letters?

randomkid
11-02-2008, 12:08 PM
This is not for a formal fundraiser, but for DD's school. We just had Fall Festival and one of the Moms took a class photo of each class. There is a group at school called PEAPod (Parent Educator Association), kind of like a PTA for preschool. We planned the Fall Festival and have other events for the kids and teachers during the year, so we need to raise money. We are going to sell 5x7 photos of each class. I didn't volunteer for this job, but was asked to do it. I have to chose each class photo, crop, order, etc. Part of this job is to leave a note in each child's box explaining what the money is for (teacher luncheons, etc) and that the pics are available for purchase.

Are any of you good at writing a note like this that sounds upbeat/cheerful and motivating? I want it to be casual, but also professional sounding. I also have to include some sort of order form. I'm supposed to have this done for tomorrow. I've had strep throat and completely forgot about it until last night. Need some help, please!

SnuggleBuggles
11-02-2008, 01:27 PM
I'm just venturing into the world pf PTA like fundraising letter writing but I have done a few. This is what I would probably write for your's:

(sorry I don't have time to actually do a Word doc for you!)

Thank you for making the Fall Festival such a success! The kids had such a wonderful time!

The PEAPod has many other exciting events planned for our students and their families this year. We are planning _______________. In order to make those events a success we are looking to raise money by selling the beautiful pictures that were taken at the Fall Festival.

The PEAPod would appreciate your support. Below is an order form that you can use to purchase 5x7's of the Fall Festival pictures. They make great gifts! Please return your order form and a check payable to _____ to your teacher by X. Should you have any questions, please contact __________.

Thank you again for helping to get this school year off to a great start! We are looking forward to a fun year here!

Sincerely,
The PEAPod
__________________________________________________ ____

___ I am interested in purchasing a Fall Festival picture. My child is in __________'s class.

___ I am not interested in purchasing a picture at this time but I would like to make a donation to PEAPod. I have enclosed _________.

That's my 1st draft of that. Hope it helps a little.

Beth

lizajane
11-02-2008, 01:49 PM
i think you got some good help, but lemme know if you need more. i have no time this second, but might later in the evening.

randomkid
11-02-2008, 07:06 PM
Thanks Beth! That's great help.

Liza, if you have any suggestions, I'd be glad to get them. I can do a good job at something like this if I have a few examples to pull from. Then, I use what is relevant and sounds best for my needs.

I knew I could count on someone from this board to help me out. This gives me a good starting place. Otherwise, I'd have been sitting here, scratching my head and getting frustrated. I esp. like the option to donate without purchasing a picture.

Thanks again!