PDA

View Full Version : Stroller help needed

vivb87
11-02-2008, 12:10 PM
I was convinced that I wanted jogging/ all terrain stroller after the snap n go (my daughter is almost 5 months now) so I was looking at MB or BJCS but now I'm considering a bugaboo style stroller...not Bugaboo b/c it's too expensive for me though.
Anyone have any reccommendations for a less expensive Bugaboo style stroller? I like that the bugaboo seat can face either direction and that it feels very light to push.
Help would be appreciated. I am so lost in stroller-world that I have no idea what to buy!

edurnemk
11-02-2008, 12:41 PM
I just tested several Bugaboo-ish strollers and the Cameleon itself. I had decided I'd shell out the 900 for the Cameleon, if it was worth it. I went to the store with the intention of purchasing it that day and came out with the 2009 UppaBaby Vista instead ($669). I also looked at the I'coo Targo ($699) and I loved it just as much or even more, but I went for the Vista since it can take a Rumble seat and turn into a double. The truth is all 3 of them handle like a dream, they practically push themselves. I'm loving my stroller!
Now, the truth is that neither the Vista nor the Targo have as much suspension as the Bug. So if you're planning to use it on very bumpy terrain, you should consider that. However my Vista handles just fine, way way batter than the junky Graco I had before. I use it on very bumpy sidewalks, grass, and in the near future on snow. Also, most of these strollers now have foam-filled tires instead of air, so they won't go flat. Some say the ride is a little bumpier because of that but I wouldn't know.
Others to try: Quinny Buzz, Micralite Toro, and if you don't mind the weight there are others that are heavier but have the same features: Mutsy (they have 3 models), Britax Vigour (more affordable), etc. BRU has the Maxi Cosi Foray for under 400 but I didn't ike that one, it feels very flimsy, and it doesn't come with a bassinet. If I think of any other options I'll let you know.
If you have questions about the Vista, feel free to PM me.

strollerqueen
11-02-2008, 02:36 PM
Also, check out the Valco Rad. They are $199 on Ebay right now, great deal!