PDA

View Full Version : please recommend a "slim" glider!

lmh2402
11-02-2008, 12:53 PM
hi there

we're in the process of outfitting our nursery

i had considered skipping the glider all together because we are somewhat tight on space. but after speaking to several people, it seems if we can fit it...a glider would be a great thing to have.

so...i'd like to try. but i'm going to need something with a relatively slim profile - definitely won't be able to accommodate one of those big, upholstered chairs...though they look SO comfy

guessing a wood-framed one would be/could be smaller?

would greatly appreciate "dutailier" or "best chair" recos that are smaller-sized.

i'm having a hard time figuring out someplace with a large showroom where i can see lots of options in person. all the baby stores i've been in have maybe three chairs. not exactly a full spread. (if you know of someplace with a great selection i can see in person in the NYC/NJ area, i would love to hear about it!)

many thanks!

amldaley
11-02-2008, 04:38 PM
I can't rec a chair, but look for one of the BIG full size BRU. Ours locally shares half the store w/ a TRU, so only 3 chairs. But the one in Raleigh (what we like to call "the big city") is huge and easily had 10 + chairs to try. Find out where the closest BIG store is in your region.

I ended up w/ a slim recliner instead if a glider. As dd is a marathon nurser, I am happy for the extra comfort!

thewebbie
11-03-2008, 02:00 AM
I did try a smaller Dutailier at a local baby superstore (not BRU), but I think it might not work if you want to nurse using a boppy pillow. My sister in law also has one that she cannot use for nursing because it is too small for boppy, so she only uses it for rocking the baby to sleep.

prego08
11-03-2008, 08:42 PM
check out the gliders on target online. the fully upholstered ones titled "crown" i believe are the little castle brand, but a tad smaller than those sold in specialty baby stores. i think they only come in a gingham pattern. it's hard though since you can't test them out before purchasing.

thewebbie
11-04-2008, 12:36 AM
our nursery is also small btw, but we put a large crib, glider and changing station. What we do is removing the closet doors, and put the changing station in the closet. We got the closet finished, so it looks nice. We will put the doors back after our baby is past the diaper stage; and I think will get rid of the glider at some point.

sste
11-04-2008, 12:01 PM
I spent alot on my glider but it is slim and it looks like a lovely piece of furniture. We are short on furniture and I decided I would rather spend $900 and have a lifetime piece of furniture then spend $500-600 for a traditional mid-level glider, which is just not my taste aesthetically. Everyone loves this glider, we bought the matching ottoman too. We called the company directly and they shipped it for free, no sales tax - - I don't know if they are still offering this. It is sleek, the scotchguard or whatever on it is completely amazing, our white (!) one has been used almost every day for a year and it does not have a stain on it, the glide isn't as absolutely smooth and feather touch activiated glide-y as the Dutalier but its a nice glide. Comes with a lumber support pillow in accent colors for back support when nursing.

http://www.montedesign.net/modern_nursery_glider.html