PDA

View Full Version : Kids Interrupting Intimate Time

farsk
11-02-2008, 02:45 PM
I have been divorced from my DD's dad for three years. Yesterday morning, my significant other and I were enjoying some time together before my daughter woke up. Since we hit trick-or-treating pretty hard and she went to bed late, I thought she'd sleep until at least 8 a.m. Around 7 a.m., while "compromised" I realized that I had neglected to completely close my bedroom door when my 5-year-old daughter opened the door.

I was mortified.

What do you do when your kindergartener walks in on you having sex? So far, I've taken the "lie and ignore" position. I told her I was giving a back rub. She looked up at me and said, "with your butt?!???" I don't think she bought it.

Has this happened to you? What did you do? How should I handle it? If it was me and her father, I would just explain that it is something that mommies and daddies do to show that they love each other. But my significant other is not her father. He is very much in her life, and since her father has moved to Iowa, he is the only father she knows.

I really thought we would have enough time to be together and for him to leave before she woke up. Guess that's what I get for thinking.....

I did go to the hardware store and stock up on skeleton keys (my house was built in 1940 and those are the only locks on the door). I'll be using them from now on, regardless of the amount of time I *think* I have

mommylamb
11-02-2008, 03:01 PM
DS is still young, so this hasn't happened to me, but I've heard stories of a couple times when I walked in on my own parents while I was little. My mother said she turned around and I was just standing there looking at her with a perplexed look on my face. She told me "daddy and I are just cuddleing." which must have been enough.

WatchingThemGrow
11-02-2008, 03:07 PM
You might find some good info on this thread from the summer... http://www.windsorpeak.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=296759

"with your butt?" LOL

caleymama
11-02-2008, 04:12 PM
No advice for you, but I wanted to say it's nice to "see" you on here again!

trentsmom
11-02-2008, 04:47 PM
No advice, but it's great "seeing" you again!

farsk
11-02-2008, 06:02 PM
Thanks you guys! I'ts great to be "seen"! :)

JMS
11-02-2008, 06:15 PM
No advice either but I just wanted to say that it's good to "see" you again Ellen.

american_mama
11-02-2008, 07:47 PM
Hasn't happened in our house (yet!), but what about...

If you kiss each other in front of her, maybe say it's like kissing, something that adults who care about/love each other do. It's something she'll learn more about as she gets older. It's a way for adults to show they care about/love each other. Any combination of the above.

Good luck!

Ceepa
11-02-2008, 08:03 PM
I don't have advice. Maybe wait to see if she asks more questions?