PDA

View Full Version : PSA -- don't plan a party for the day after a time change!

bubbaray
11-03-2008, 12:06 AM
This isn't a bitch (honestly), I just think its funny. Our Halloween Party was today (yes, I know, Halloween was Friday). We're racing around like chickens with our heads cut off trying to get everything done (why do I do this every.single.time?). One hour to go until showtime. DingDong. I go to the door (in my sweats, no makeup, you get the picture) and its guests! OMG. I could have fainted. I think I blubbered "Oh, did you forget to change your clocks" or something equally rude and inhospitable. Anyway, it worked out fine. I assigned them chores (making a spider for our web game, prepping the last veggie tray), and it all worked out.

None of the daycare families showed though they had said they would (weird), as did another family (but, they have forgotten in the past, and the dad is a police officer so works weird shifts/on call). Two families from the evite fiasco (evite sent the @#$%^ draft of my invite to everyone in my address book!) didn't show, which was fine. It was a nice sized crowd. One mom and sMIL read some Halloween books (at 2 different times), we played the spider/web game (toss a ball of yarn across a circle of kids to create a web, then toss in a spider and fling the spider in the air like a parachute), watched a few minutes of a Dora Halloween movie, ate cake and sent them home wired on sugar....

All in all, it was a success.

wencit
11-03-2008, 12:12 AM
Glad to hear your party went well! But I'm dying to know, did YOU forget to set your clocks back, or did THEY? ;)

lilycat88
11-03-2008, 12:35 AM
We got married on time change weekend. Luckily, the time changed AFTER our actual wedding but it still threw some folks off when they were going home.

randomkid
11-03-2008, 12:37 AM
Glad to hear your party went well! But I'm dying to know, did YOU forget to set your clocks back, or did THEY? ;)

If they showed up early, then the guests forgot to set their clocks back. Say they were supposed to be there at 11:00am. If they didn't set their clocks back, old time would be 11:00, but new time would be 10:00. Hence, guests are an hour early!

wencit
11-03-2008, 01:24 AM
If they showed up early, then the guests forgot to set their clocks back. Say they were supposed to be there at 11:00am. If they didn't set their clocks back, old time would be 11:00, but new time would be 10:00. Hence, guests are an hour early!It took me about 7 or 8 times re-reading your message, but I finally got it! Yay! Thanks for the clarification.

Tinkerbell313
11-03-2008, 08:31 AM
My DDs b-day party was in the Spring the morning after the time change. Since it was at the Little Gym and we only had a limited amount of time and we were counting on her preschool class to come (we have no family within a 6 mile rdius and we live on a busy highway so no neighbor kids), I sent out reminders about the time change a few days before, i.e. Can't wait to see you at DDs party on Sunday, remmeber to change your clocks!!

Everyone showed up and it was a success. Glad that you were able to put your guests "to work". Hope it was a fun party.

bubbaray
11-03-2008, 10:56 AM
Yes, it was the guests who forgot to change their clocks. They are DH's friends and have done that before apparently. I forgot, but they said they were early last year too, LOL.