PDA

View Full Version : Only 3 days at Disney...WWYD?

mommytoC
11-03-2008, 05:40 PM
We're planning a conference/vacation in February (2 day conference for Mom + 3 day family vacation), staying at the Disney Yacht and Beach Club Resort. If you had only three days, with a 3 to 3.5 year old DD (who's more animal than princess-crazy), what would you do?

It'll be our first, but not only trip (we'll have future conference/vacations), so we don't have to "do it all"...in fact, we'll want some down-time, just enjoying the warm weather (we're from central Wisconsin...the land of endless winter!). So, please, give us ideas! TIA!

Fairy
11-03-2008, 06:05 PM
As a basic reply, I'd say Magic Kingdom, Animal Kingdom, Other. If you want 3 parks for your 3 days, add Hollywood Studios.

clc053103
11-03-2008, 06:41 PM
IMO, Disney Studios doesn't have much and doesn't take a whole day....If she's animal crazy, I would say MK, Epcot and AK. skip Disney Studios. You're staying in a great location for Epcot- if you can't get a full day there, get a late afternoon/evening so you can see Illuminations and walk back to your hotel.

My DS at 3 loved loved loved the water parks(we went last month. If that's something your DD would enjoy, you could try to squeeze in a few hours if it's on your park hopper pass.

fivi2
11-03-2008, 07:18 PM
We are doing a quick trip while visiting relatives with two almost 3 yos (next week!)

We are doing Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom. We are having a dinner with Pooh and friends and Crystal Palace, and a breakfast with Donald and Mickey at Tusker House in Animal Kingdom.

If we could add one more park, I'd do EPCOT.
I will give a mini trip report when we get back!

natmurr
11-03-2008, 08:32 PM
we're taking our 5 and 3yr olds for 3 days in Feb. Planning on hitting all parks but mostly MK an the Studios. I'm not crazy about AK so we'll just hit the major attractions. We are planning to do Epcot both evenings of our trip - the kids are really too young for most of it, but I LOVE strolling through the World Showcase, sampling the food and seeing the sights. Luckily we don't have meltdowns if we stay out late so I plan on pushing the kids around in the Phil & Ted's.

Check to see what parks open late/early on the days you are there, and definately go with the Park Hopper ticket - that way you can bounce back and forth between the parks and the pool.

Natalie

Momof3Labs
11-04-2008, 12:36 AM
We are planning to do Epcot both evenings of our trip - the kids are really too young for most of it

My 2.5yo and 6yo absolutely love Epcot!! See my post in the thread about do's and don'ts at Disney - I list the things that we like there for the boys. They begged to go back to Epcot again and again on each of our trips!

To the OP, I'd do MK and AK (based on your DD's animal preference) and if you add one more park, Epcot. You can walk to Epcot from the YC, so it is a nice park to hit in the evening for dinner and a relaxing stroll around the lagoon.

mommytoC
11-04-2008, 11:44 PM
Thanks so much for all your great suggestions! I'm getting excited to go!

egoldber
11-07-2008, 03:32 PM
Since you are staying at the YC/BC I would definitely do both HS and Epcot since you can easily walk there from your resort. Epcot in the evenings after some downtime at the other parks is lovely.

I think you can do most of all 4 parks in three day. I would do something like....

all day at MK
AK day / Epcot evening
HS day / Epcot evening

Remember that AK usually closes at 5 and essentially empties out after the 4 o'clock parade.