PDA

View Full Version : If the voting lines are long tomorrow . . . .

tarabenet
11-03-2008, 08:37 PM
In case you didn't already know this, everyone in line to vote at the time the polls close must be allowed vote. Please, please, please, do not be discouraged from voting if the lines are long at your polling place!

No matter how you vote, please vote. Either way this election goes, it will make history in ways no election has in our lifetimes, our parents' lifetimes, even our grandparents' lifetimes. You want to be able to hold you head high when your kids ask you about this election down the road. You want to be able to proudly announce that yes, you most certainly cast a ballot in 2008. It will be a more important question even than "Where were you on 9/11?"

Vote your heart, whatever that may be. Anything less would be to let your kids down. Take them with you if you can. JUST VOTE!

Thanks to everyone who has voted and everyone who will vote. Great way to serve your country and your family!

caheinz
11-04-2008, 12:45 PM
Bumping this thread, as Benet stated the sentiment so well.

BillK
11-04-2008, 12:46 PM
I love our small town - my wife and I walked right in at 9am today - we were the only 2 voters in the place and were out in about 45 seconds. :)

tamie
11-04-2008, 12:59 PM
Took me 10 minutes today. The lines for early voting were 2-3 hours long last week. I am so glad I waited.

Asianmommy
11-04-2008, 01:23 PM
I was amazed--no lines at voting booth! I had brought a book to read, expecting to spend hours there, but it was fast & easy, and I even went to get my free coffee at Starbucks afterwards.

mama2g03
11-04-2008, 01:32 PM
I was amazed--no lines at voting booth! I had brought a book to read, expecting to spend hours there, but it was fast & easy, and I even went to get my free coffee at Starbucks afterwards.
This was exactly my experience today, too!

Ceepa
11-04-2008, 01:52 PM
Took us less than 10 minutes to go from end of the line to the other side with "I voted today" stickers and bake sale treats! :thumbsup:

mmama
11-04-2008, 02:02 PM
Luckily it took us ten minutes b/c my 20 month old was not impressed with the voting process. Four years ago it took me over an hour. I think alot of people voted early this year (at least in my precinct).

KpbS
11-04-2008, 03:16 PM
No line, no waiting. Lots voting though. :)