PDA

View Full Version : colds & playdates

jgenie
11-04-2008, 04:16 AM
Just wondering how everyone handles colds and playdates. When do you decide LO is no longer contagious? Do you generally cancel playdates? If so, for how long? What about library storytimes? I think my LO caught his cold from a child at our storytime and I don't want to pass it on to anyone else.

nfowife
11-04-2008, 06:09 AM
For just a runny nose that is not horrendous, I continue on with my daily life for the most part. Our playgroup was a pretty close group and if we weren't sure we would call the hosting mom and let her make the call, or if we were hosting we would usually send out an email saying that our kid has a runny nose, etc., but if they felt okay coming over we would love to play.
If I was not comfy with the amount of mucous or it was bright green, or if my kid was clearly miserable, sneezing, coughing, etc., or if there was any fever, then definitely stay home.
But for just a runny nose, if we always stayed home whenever one of my 2 has one of those, From the months of October to April at least we might never leave the house!