PDA

View Full Version : Ebayers-how long do you wait until reporting non-payment

AddiesMom
11-04-2008, 06:54 AM
I just started selling on e-bay and I put in my payment terms that I expect PayPal w/in 3 business days of auction end. I have an auction (of course my highest $$$$) and the person has not paid. The 3rd day was last Wednesday and I sent a reminder on Saturday. Tomorrow is 1 week late and no responses from the buyer.

When do you typically report someone to ebay? I don't want to seem pushy, but I want my $40... and I want the item out of my house! And if they are not paying I want to post ASAP since I am going on vacation at the end of the month. I am really ticked since I am taking DD to American Girl for her birthday this weekend and that money was planned for this trip!

veronica
11-04-2008, 07:36 AM
Honestly-you have sent a reminder already. I would contact again and say

"Please advise if you will be paying within the next 48 hours. Otherwise, I will have to relist the item and file a non-payment claim. "

Remember-you don't owe them anything, they owe you!

jillmk
11-04-2008, 08:13 AM
I could be wrong, but I believe that the ebay policy is 7 days and there is no way to enforce a shorter period of time. I don't think they'll let you file before then. Usually I give people 8 or 9 days. The few times it has happened to me (people paying late that is) the buyer usually pays on the 8th or 9th day, and for me it was easier to wait a couple more days than have to relist.

JTsMom
11-04-2008, 08:31 AM
I always file on day 8- the first day ebay will let you. Honestly, with the new feedback system, this happens a LOT. As long as the buyer responds to the payment dispute, they can still neg you, and you can't neg them, so they don't have much of an incentive to pay if they found the same thing for less, or just changed their mind or whatever.

Anyway, the ebay 7 day rule is why I changed my payment expectations. There's nothing you can until then anyway, so there's no point in stating you require a more timely payment imo, and it just serves to turn some buyers off.

When you file for your fees, ebay will first send a reminder notice, and the buyer will have another week to respond. If they still intend to pay, that will give them plenty of time.