PDA

View Full Version : Wagons? Do you use it? Do you recommend one?

wendibird22
11-04-2008, 01:03 PM
DH and I are thinking of getting a wagon for DD. He likes the classic, Radio Flyer wooden style. I like the plastic because of the seat backs and storage. I also wondering how much we'd ultimately use it.

So, do you have one? Do you use it enough to justify $100+, and do you recommend your wagon (what brand/model). Oh, and if you know of where to get a good deal on one let me know.

neeleymartin
11-04-2008, 01:54 PM
we have a radio flyer atw look alike. we stole it for $20 on craigslist. at first we worried about the lack or proper seating and seatbelt, but it really hasn't been an issue. the tires are air filled and cruise over everything. we love it.

two sets of friends have the one with the seats that pop up and down, they also love it.

good luck,
n

WatchingThemGrow
11-04-2008, 02:02 PM
We have the RF Pathfinder with seatbacks, belts, and cupholders -$30 off CL. It is great. It stays outside upside down, in our yard, so I wasn't about to pay for a new one to get weathered. This one is in great cond. as the previous owners kept it garaged.

My greatest day last month (well, besides getting a BFP) was when BOTH the kids got to go around the block in the wagon all strapped in and happy. DS was overjoyed with his first official wagon trip and DD was thrilled to have a riding buddy. We used it with her a lot, and we always take it to neighborhood gatherings with our dish placed in the middle. The cupholders are great b/c there are 4 of them to hold everyone's drinks!

jerigirl
11-04-2008, 02:58 PM
We have the RF pathfinder (I think) with the seatbelts, canopy etc. We live walking distance to the neighborhood park so we take the wagon most of the time. We also are members at the local Arboretum and we load up the wagon to go there. Better than the stroller and we can load DS and our stuff in it. It was a gift for DS's first bday.

MamaKath
11-04-2008, 07:41 PM
We have a traditional style Radio Flyer. When we had tested them out it was much easier to pull. You can purchase seats for it, though we never did. It has been used a TON by the kids pulling each other around, as well as by us pulling them or at times lawn debris (though we got a second junky one for that). It even worked well for collecting can food donations for a local food pantry the last 2 Thanksgivings! :-)