PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions for travel within 4 hours of Toronto

mikeys_mom
11-04-2008, 01:03 PM
We are trying to plan a 4-5 day trip for either late December or early January with 4 year old DS and 2 year old DD. Does anyone have any ideas of cities to visit that are within a 4 hour drive of Toronto? We are open to either the US or Canada. The only real limitation is that I will be 27 weeks pregnant with twins, so likely limited mobility, which pretty much rules out most outdoor activities at this time of year.

We went to Ottawa last year and it was great. DS keeps asking when we can go back, so that is our default if we can't come up with anything else, but its always nice to try something new. Ideally, a city that has 3 kid-friendly indoor activities that we can do over 3 days would be great.

Thanks.

mom2binsd
11-24-2008, 06:05 PM
As an Ottawa native I was going to suggest Ottawa, but the best part of Ottawa in the winter is skating on the canal (weather permitting) but that doesn't sound like a good idea for this trip. There are great museums but at that time of year with winter storms I'd hate to have to travel the 401 between Ottawa and TO.

Try posting on the OH Canada forum for suggestions.

Glad you enjoyed Ottawa!