PDA

View Full Version : Recommendations for a movie with animals and "kid's" music?

Tammy
11-04-2008, 10:55 PM
My 2 yr old DD loves and has recently really latched onto the Jungle Book movie. She loves the music in it. She also loves the Baby Einstein movies and I got her the Baby signing time too- but I was thinking of some Disney movies for Christmas maybe. Seems like now though the movies has more "current" music in them, as opposed to cartoon like kid's music that she likes. Thanks for any suggestions!

fauve01
11-05-2008, 06:05 PM
my DD's first full-length movie was Cinderella. the animals are funny/silly. it's not scary at all except maybe when the cat is chasing the mice. the stepmother is sort of scary looking (she doens't DO anything scary though). there's great music too. all the other disney "Princess" movies have scary parts--if you were watching with your DD you could just skip those parts. it's easy to skip when watching on DVD.

Not Disney, but Madagascar is a movie with animals. we don't have it though, so i don't know if it has music or if it's appropriate for 2YO.

you might try borrowing from your library system--you can see what your DD likes and also what you think is appropriate.

another option is the Disney Sing-a-long Songs DVDs. these dvds have different songs from various disney movies, porobably 30 minutes total. we LOVE these. there are a couple princess versions, but all the versions are good IMO.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_gw?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=disney+sing+a+long+songs

hth
anne

Tondi G
11-05-2008, 07:07 PM
well my boys enjoyed Jungle Book 2 ... so thats an option!

The Aristocats is cute and involves the cats and also farm animals (horse, mouse, geese, dogs)

Dumbo

Finding Nemo

Not Disney but Charlottes Web is always a good story

citymama
11-05-2008, 07:40 PM
Madagascar!

We :heartbeat: Jungle Book too - although we just listen to the music. Haven't yet introduced DD to movies and TV - one day!

KHF
11-06-2008, 11:40 AM
DD likes Madagascar...there is some rude humor in it (it does have Ben Stiller and Chris Rock in it), but that all goes over DD's head at this point. She *loves* the I like to Move it, move it song. Sings it over and over again. There isn't a ton of music in that one though.

As far as music in movies goes, her favorites are Little Mermaid, the Lion King and Lilo and Stitch. The first two have scary parts, but are easily enough skipped over. DD almost never sits and watches them though. We just turn them on and she goes and plays and only comes in for the music! She likes to hula to the opening of Lilo and Stitch. We usually watch that one about 10 times in a row...just the opening.

Twoboos
11-06-2008, 11:48 AM
We have Baby Genius A Trip to the San Diego Zoo. Real animals and classical music, plus comes w/music cd. It's not animated but there are some cameos by some animated animals. The girls seem to like it and love the counting song at the end! (Although it bugs me that some of the children in the video are wearing Baby Genius attire - obviously they are actors! :)) It's a cute video though.

http://www.amazon.com/Baby-Genius-Diego-bonus-music/dp/B00065EB0O/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1225986467&sr=8-1

fivi2
11-06-2008, 02:47 PM
My girls like the Pooh Heffalump movie (not many songs though).