PDA

View Full Version : What is after a Snap N Go?

Shoeking21
11-05-2008, 02:18 PM
So now that we have decided to intially go with the Snap N Go what comes next? Eventually we would like to get a jogger, I.E. Baby Jogger, Bob but how soon can a little one be put into one? Do we need to get a stroller for the interim between the Snap N Go and Jogger?

TraciG
11-05-2008, 02:40 PM
I am finally going to have to stop using my Snap & Go, my DS is 8 month's, I am not happy about it ! It is so convenient to use with a nice big basket ! Some people don't want to have their baby in the car seat, I don't think there is anything wrong with it. The BEST part of the Snap & Go is when they fall asleep in the car you can move them easily without waking them up !!!!

Really you have no rush ! I should have had my DS out of the Snap & Go about a month ago, found out yesterday he's over the weight for our seat! New car seat is on the way but I am DREADING not being able to use my Snap & Go !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WatchingThemGrow
11-05-2008, 03:36 PM
You can put an infant directly into a Baby Jogger City Series stroller from birth. BOB recommends that babies be 8 weeks before putting babies in theirs. As long as there is a near-flat recline, you can put the baby directly into the stroller. It is better for the baby not to be in the carseat all the time, but only in the car. Both our DC were prone to plagiocephaly where the head becomes misshapen, and carseats, swings, bouncers make the problem worse. I would go ahead and do your research and decide on your real stroller. Most have carseat adapters if you feel you really want to go that route. I really enjoyed having great maneuverability and air tires from the beginning.

ETA: The BJC Series strollers are not intended for jogging, but the near-flat recline is suitable from birth. Promise :) ITA with what neeleymartin says about not jogging until the baby is closer to a year.

neeleymartin
11-05-2008, 04:26 PM
my gut is that it's fine to go with a jogger now. i believe that the age is 6-8 months, not weeks. check it out. i think that they have that recommendation for people that actually run with the babe in it or taking it off road. if you are just walking on a mostly flat surface, i would imagine that you would be fine.

just googled. here is what i found. cut and pasted from bob revolution description on amazon.com:

"It is recommended for children who are at least eight weeks old. Please note that babies incapable of holding their head up must have additional head and neck support to ride safely and comfortably. For jogging or off-road stroller use, children should be at least eight months old."

call bob or baby jogger and ask them for further detail and clarifiction. bob cs is great.

n