PDA

View Full Version : When to buy holiday gifts

AbbysMom
11-05-2008, 09:15 PM
When is the best time to buy gifts online? My list is growing for Christmas gifts and I'm thinking of buying some now. I do most of my shopping online and have started getting "free shipping" emails from stores like Target. Should I wait until the day after Thanksgiving to get sale prices and free shipping? I feel like my gifts are not those super-popular ones that will sell out so I don't think that's a consideration.

TIA!

KrisM
11-05-2008, 09:44 PM
Buy now if they're good prices. Why not? I'm done shopping for my kids and got most things online with great deals in the past month or so. I don't think I'll get better prices by waiting.

Neatfreak
11-06-2008, 12:42 AM
I'd start as soon as possible. Last year, I waited a little too long that some items that I'd planned on giving were out of stock!

frgsnlzrds
11-06-2008, 12:48 AM
I just found out that my credit card will price match in store purchases for thirty days against any other printed ad. I have to buy most of my stuff online, but maybe if yours does the same thing you can just keep track of prices and that way you'll be sure to get the lowest price of the season and nothing will go out of stock.