PDA

View Full Version : does everyone like their haba ball track?

ehmom
11-06-2008, 02:42 PM
i think i've settled on the haba track as a middle ground between a plastic marble run and a quadrilla. it seems like we can get some fun pieces for a good price ($65-75). does anyone have any major complaints with this one?

kristenk
11-06-2008, 02:56 PM
We like ours. DD got it for Christmas last year (at almost 4yo). The 6- and 7-year old girls down the street like to play with it, too. DH and I enjoy playing with it.

DD likes making the marbles go on it, but isn't into the set-up process yet. I think that will come with age, though.

I love all of the things you can add-on to it. I need to figure out what we're going to add to it this Christmas.

brittone2
11-06-2008, 09:44 PM
We like ours. We started w/ a set like the ones on Tedco Toys' website. It was bought 2nd hand for $1. The marbles used with it are smaller in scale than the Haba marbles, so it isn't entirely a seamless fit, but we make it work. We then added on some fun Haba stuff like the ringing track, whirlwind, the skyscraper, and the ski jump. So we don't have a full Haba set, but we have several Haba accessories.

My dd is under 2 and will play with just the ringing track or skyscraper since she doesn't have to build anything to have fun with those (obviously 2 is young to play with marbles but I supervise closely ;) ).

DS is 4.5 and has played with his set since he was 3ish. When the neighborhood kids come over to play, they all get into it...including some 8-14 year olds LOL. It is nice because it can grow w/ them.