PDA

View Full Version : Baby Jogger or Bob

Shoeking21
11-06-2008, 09:48 PM
What do you recommend? Baby Jogger or Bob. To follow up, Baby Jogger City Mini or City Series or Bob Revolution or Sport Utility. This is our first stroller purchase. Would use for all aspects from walks to shopping. Also, can infant be put into any of these?

WatchingThemGrow
11-06-2008, 11:25 PM
Look at page 12 of this catalog- the 2009 BJ City Elite. I have the double from last year. Newborns can go straight into it. We used a Snuzzler for support. It is awesome and extremely practical. http://babyjogger.com/BJC2009Catalog.pdf

cndnveggie
11-06-2008, 11:58 PM
I just ordered a 2009 Baby Jogger City Elite. I compared it to the BOB Revolution (actually borrowed a BOB for a week), and while the BOB is a great stroller, I found the BJCE to be better for our needs. I'm not going to jog with the stroller, which was the only advantage I felt the BOB had. In my opinion, the canopy is better on the BJCE, as well as the recline, and the fold of the BJCE can't be beat. It fit into my car way better than the BOB did. I also thought the BJCE had more add-on features (specifically, the toddler seat, which we hope to use when baby #2 comes along).

I don't think you can go wrong - I've never met a person who didn't love their BOB, so it's obviously a great stroller. However, I found the BJCE had more of the features I was looking for, for basically the same price, and everyone who has BJCE seems to love it too!

I don't think I'd recommend the BJCM if you're going to use it for walks. I currently have Peg Perego Pliko P3, and while it's also a nice stroller, I am so tired of taking it on walks. It's just not a smooth ride, and more of an effort to push. I think the BJCM is great for malls and stuff, but if you just want one stroller, I'd get the BJCE instead...

Good luck with your search!

Shoeking21
11-07-2008, 12:11 AM
Thank you so much for your thoughts. The Baby Jogger catalog link was very helpful.

Shoeking21
11-07-2008, 12:32 AM
What is a Snuzzler?

WatchingThemGrow
11-07-2008, 09:13 AM
It is a soft support cushion for the baby. You can see it on their accessories page, but you can get it for SO much less. I got one for $5 gently used at a consignment sale. They have it installed in the straps, but obviously, the seat needs to be reclined completely for the newborn. We used it with DS for 2-3 mos. http://babyjogger.com/accessories.htm You can buy them at BRU.