PDA

View Full Version : You know what sucks?

elizabethkott
11-06-2008, 10:15 PM
When you get an offer on your house, they do TWO inspections, you send out the contracts, they make some petty changes, send the contracts back to your lawyer and HEY! They changed the % down from 20% to 13% WITH NO WARNING.
And then when you call them on it, they decide to back out of the deal or try to back you into a corner essentially to lower the price to something well below what their original offer is so that they *can* come out with 20% down...
And while this was happening, you found a house you love on a really fantastic street in a phenominal location that sure, needs work, but at that price you could afford to do the work and get the kitchen of your dreams and so you put down an offer that's accepted and you go ahead and have an inspection done and you start thinking that this might just work and you get all excited and happy.....
AND THEN THE BOTTOM DROPS OUT.
Sigh.
And I know that I should be grateful in this economy that dh and I both have jobs and that we have a roof over our heads and that we are financially secure and stable.....
but damnit. DAMNIT DAMNIT DAMNIT! I wanted that house!!!!!!!! And we could have HAD it!
I really want to cause someone some physical harm right now.
Instead, I will open a bottle of wine and eat scads of leftover Halloween candy.

bubbaray
11-06-2008, 10:40 PM
See, now if you were the Jones', you would have bought the house you want without a completed offer on yours....

It will happen and you will end up with the perfect house!

ThreeofUs
11-07-2008, 02:04 AM
Oh, NO! I hate flaky house buyers, especially when they mess me up in MY house shopping. sheesh.

Have a good sippy and I'll help you eat some virtual candy. :)

DrSally
11-07-2008, 10:42 AM
Oh Man, I'm so sorry! Buyers are really getting gutsy these days in doing these shenanigans. That s@#ks is all I can say!

eliasmom
11-07-2008, 10:45 AM
That definitely calls for a twisty straw. How frustrating!

kimbe
11-07-2008, 02:48 PM
I see that you are from NY! That is the absolute worst place to buy and sell a house I think! We've done both in NY and it was a disaster both times. We bought a house in another state -----that doesn't use lawyers------ and it was a DREAM!!!!! (We also closed in less than 2 weeks unlike the 60 dayishness of NY!) There are way to many lawyers involved in NY! And there are also way too many ways to get screwed too.

I am so sorry that you are dealing with this. It will all work out in the end. Blah to the people that put the offer in on your house they've got bad karma now!