PDA

View Full Version : Crazy Forts vs. Cranium Forts?

chlobo
11-07-2008, 10:25 AM
Does anyone have experience with either of these? My daughter is forever taking over household things (chairs, etc) to make her forts. I would love to offer an alternative that's easy to use. Has anyone used either of these?

: ) Carren

heatherlynn
11-07-2008, 10:50 AM
We had the super fort. I hated that thing! Too many pieces. All they did was try to hit each other with the "frame" pieces, too. I'll take the chairs/sheets/towels any day over that thing! Of course, ymmv! :)

KrystalS
11-07-2008, 01:27 PM
We had the super fort. I hated that thing! Too many pieces. All they did was try to hit each other with the "frame" pieces, too. I'll take the chairs/sheets/towels any day over that thing! Of course, ymmv! :)

Same here, definitely would not recommend the super fort. Way too much work to put together and it always fell apart.

KrisM
11-07-2008, 09:09 PM
We have a Cranium fort and I don't really like it. The poles are too weak to hold a bedsheet, so you're stuck using the small plastic covering pieces. Crazy Forts are on DS's list. Yes, the poles become objects to hit with, and yes, there are a lot of pieces, but they love to make forts with them.

MmeSunny
11-07-2008, 09:21 PM
We have the Cranium fort. I HATE IT. The clips that hold the fabric on are not strong enough. They fall apart really easily. It's always a constant battle to keep the darn thing together. AWFUL< EVIL>CONTRAPTION!

greatcanuk
11-07-2008, 10:21 PM
What about the Fortamajig or Fortamajig Connectables?
http://www.thehappykidcompany.com/

I haven't tried the Connectables, but my daughter loves her Fortamajig--it's large panel of ripstop nylon cloth with velcro at strategic points. It doesn't have rods holding it up, so it's more like making a fort using bedsheets--very flexible. The only thing is that it's pretty huge, which would work great for outside or large indoor spaces, and we have a small space with lots of clutter everywhere. It's a little unwieldy and hard to fold up because it's so large. Otherwise, it's great.

Camille