PDA

View Full Version : Doll Stroller for 3 yo

94bruin
11-07-2008, 12:39 PM
Dd is 36" tall. I'm thinking about getting her one for Christmas. Which ones should I look at.

Should I get her a Maclaren to match the one we have IRL? I haven't looked at any doll stroller except the one at PBK (if they still have it) and the cheapo ones at TRU. I'd rather get a nicer one.

Thanks!

new_mommy25
11-07-2008, 01:35 PM
If you want to match I think the Maclaren is a great choice. We don't have the stroller but we do have a Maclaren play high chair and it's very good quality. I do think the new PBK pram is adorable as well.

bubbaray
11-07-2008, 01:37 PM
We have the cheapo Graco one and, know what? -- its fine. Its lasted through 2 DDs so far and been both outside and inside and its fine.

94bruin
11-07-2008, 01:42 PM
I don't think the cheap ones at TRU were graco - some no name brands that I've seen at other friends' homes where the seat fabric were ripped. Not that dd is heavy handed with her toys, but I just want something that can stand up to the play of a 3 yo and possible sister on the way.

I will definitely look at the graco ones next time I go to TRU.

fivi2
11-07-2008, 02:21 PM
The super cheap no-name ones at TRUS only lasted about 2 days with my 2 yo twins last year. So this year, we are buying different strollers! The love the pram style ones in catalogs, but I am not sure what they are going to get. So I am reading this thread for ideas, but also to warn you away from the super cheap TRUS ones!

new_mommy25
11-07-2008, 02:39 PM
We had the PBK Zooper and it broke after a year. It was kind of abused by my DD, DS, and DN. They sat in it A LOT and the seat fabric eventually ripped. I take full responsibility since I know you aren't supposed to sit in the stroller. But I wanted to throw that out there since more expensive isn't always better (the stroller was $50!).

Right now we are using a cheap plastic stroller from Build a Bear. It's lasted for about 6 months now. For some reason the kids haven't tried to sit in it at all. I think they can recognize that it isn't sturdy enough. I like it a lot better than the PBK because it is lightweight and folds for storage.

I think the Chicco strollers look really nice and sturdy.

WatchingThemGrow
11-07-2008, 02:47 PM
We have the navy Maclaren. It's almost a year old and still looks perfect despite the large amount of use. We don't allow anyone to sit in it, and it stays inside. I really like that it isn't obnoxiously colored and doesn't scream "Look at me" like the other bazillion multicolored toys in our house. DD is 36" and she seems okay with the height. Not sure if the Chicco ones are taller.

I picked up doll stroller for outside at a yard sale, and it came with a doll with no eyelashes. creepy.

Brittone2 had a thread a while back about doll strollers. See if you can find it for any more info.

calv
11-07-2008, 02:56 PM
def check out the Mac strollers. TRU has 20% off on them now!

brittone2
11-07-2008, 04:25 PM
My parents just bought a Mac for DD's Christmas gift. The reviews here (in my previous thread) were mostly favorable, and the price is right.