PDA

View Full Version : Gift for a 2 month old?

new_mommy25
11-07-2008, 02:42 PM
I have a brand new niece that was born two weeks ago. :heartbeat: I am doing Xmas shopping and trying to decide what to get her. It's been awhile since I've bought baby stuff so I don't know what's "new" in the baby world. Any suggestions? I'd like to spend >$40. I've seen a lot of posts for Sophie the Giraffe. Maybe that toy and one other thing?

sidmand
11-07-2008, 03:30 PM
We've gotten a ton of compliments on our Baby Legs for DD. I bought some a few years ago for DS but always felt strange/they never looked right to me on a boy. But they've been great for DD!

Or something personalized? I love the burp clothes/onesies from here:

www.designerdribbles.com

KrisM
11-07-2008, 09:08 PM
Sophie the Giraffe is on DS2's list. It looks neat and well, we don't need much :).

How about Twilight Turtle?

srhs
11-08-2008, 11:15 AM
I just opened DS's photos to see what he was into about that age. Looks like he was pretty busy with all of his hanging/batting toys!
Also:
Sassy Me in the Mirror (which I'd picked up on recommendation of the Oppenheimer Toy Portfolio)
Plush Rattles with Handles easy to grab
Lamaze Jacques the Peacock

mommabear
11-08-2008, 11:44 AM
Play mats are great but my be more than you want to spend.
Easy to hold light weight rattles
Bumbo seat
pediped shoes
soft books

new_mommy25
11-08-2008, 01:48 PM
I just opened DS's photos to see what he was into about that age. Looks like he was pretty busy with all of his hanging/batting toys!
Also:
Sassy Me in the Mirror (which I'd picked up on recommendation of the Oppenheimer Toy Portfolio)
Plush Rattles with Handles easy to grab
Lamaze Jacques the Peacock

Sassy Me in the Mirror was my DS's favorite toy 5 years ago. I totally forgot about that. Thanks for the memory.:love5: I may need to seek that out.

Thanks everyone for the great suggestions so far!

citymama
11-08-2008, 07:05 PM
A box of Trumpette socks! Can't go wrong with that...

sste
11-09-2008, 10:21 PM
Haba fantasy blocks

vonfirmath
11-09-2008, 11:42 PM
I'd be looking ahead to when the baby is a bit older.

I'd probably get an activity table (Leapfrog, Fisher Price sell them) -- plastic tables with plastic legs (that come off so it can be used before the baby is old enough to stand up) with several activities on top.

My babe loved his and the main reason we got rid of it was because we moved.

sidmand
11-09-2008, 11:44 PM
Okay, after reading about Sophie the Giraffe I Googled it and now DD is getting that for the holidays! It's so cute and looks like a great teething toy. Plus I had been debating about getting something else from Right Start and they had a good price on it. So I bought two...

Neatfreak
11-10-2008, 09:35 AM
My new kiddo will also be about two months at Christmas. So far, her wish list has a Halo sleepsack and a Sleep Sheep ...