PDA

View Full Version : Which Little People House???

mommabear
11-08-2008, 12:30 AM
I am looking at getting one of these from my daughter who will be 1 1/2 at Christmas. Which model is best out of the Home Sweet Home, Sweet Sounds Home or the current model Busy Day Home?
I know that the 1st two are discontinued.
Thanks

WatchingThemGrow
11-08-2008, 07:55 AM
Hmm... I think I considered all three, couldn't decide (as the first 2 are on CL all the time). We ended up getting different LP sets like the AtoZ zoo and the Farm and Nativity and a lot more from CL. I strongly considered My First Dollhouse also by FP, but I just didn't want something big and pink. I ended up getting a wooden Ryan's Room set made for 2 yos and gave it to her closer to her 2nd bday.

That's probably no help at all. Sorry. She'll probably love anything you pick out. LP are a HUGE hit here.

mommabear
11-08-2008, 11:09 AM
Thanks for the suggestions. I looked up my First Dollhouse and it looks neat however all the pieces have to be purchased seperately and it seems a little old for her. Ryan's Room seems like something for 3 or 4 and up. So now do I just get the little people one or hold off and get the First Dollhouse at 2?
I Don't think I would want them both.

KrisM
11-08-2008, 11:15 AM
I don't know about the LP sets, but DD got the My First Dollhouse for her second birthday and loves it. It's not very big and the figures are nice. The legs move together so she can easily make them sit and then stand again.

It is part of the b1g1 free sale at Toys R Us every so often. I got hers in Oct. 2007 for a June 2008 birthday. Unfortunately, the sale was again last month, but I think they do it again in the spring.

fivi2
11-08-2008, 11:27 AM
My girls got both the My first doll house and one of the little people ones when they turned 2. They only played with the my first dollhouse - we gave away our little people one and no one missed it! But, I should add that my girls don't have any interest in any of the little people sets - and we have quite a few (gifts).

traciann
11-08-2008, 12:02 PM
we have the sweet sounds home, and dd loved it. I think any version of the lp house would be great. We got it for dd around 22 months and she played with it for quite while...she still does off and on...but we have a bunch of lp playsets. I got the FL loving family house around 3 which was a good age to start a bigger dollhouse.

The Review Mommy
11-09-2008, 01:14 AM
FYI-The new models of the First Dollhouse do NOT have sounds. Doorbell ringing etc. ;(

Neatfreak
11-09-2008, 02:51 AM
My niece has the Sweet Sounds one, and I have to admit that she and my DD seem to like it a lot more than the Home Sweet Home one that DD has.

The Review Mommy
11-09-2008, 01:41 PM
Sorry to make it a bit more confusing but we LOVE the Little People NEW versions. The people are a lot like the First Doll House figures in that they sit stand, etc. They are a bit less chunky which is nice, like the older 3+ year Loving Family sets. Classic. We are getting DD the Palace and coach this christmas. I like that it folds up small, its interactive with a few fun sounds (the first dollhouse doesnt anymore), and the accessories are more detailed. Much better overall. DD1 was never into the little people but shes really digg'n the newly redesigned stuff. I think the regular Little People was just too simple for her. We have the camping set and its AWESOME!!!!!!!!! We will add the scooter and salon for BDay.

http://www.fisher-price.com/fp.aspx?st=2058&e=product&pid=44747

http://www.fisher-price.com/fp.aspx?st=2055&e=imagination

The Review Mommy
11-09-2008, 01:45 PM
If you look more closely at the busy day home it only has a couple of rooms. Not very much to do. The other Little People Houses look a ton better IMO.
http://www.amazon.com/s/qid=1226252672/ref=sr_nr_seeall_2?ie=UTF8&rs=&keywords=little%20people%20home&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3Alittle%20people%20home%2Ci%3Atoys-and-games

new_mommy25
11-09-2008, 01:51 PM
Another vote for FP My First Doll House. My DD loves it!