PDA

View Full Version : Feedback / Suggestions on this Christmas list for 18.5 month Daughter

junebaby07
11-08-2008, 01:51 PM
These are some of the christmas gift ideas I have for my dd who will be 18.5 months at Christmas between Santa, us, grandparents, cousins, etc. What do you think:

1. A play kitchen - would like wood, not too huge, but could be played w/ by multiple children. Any suggestions?

2. some doll accessories - maybe the Fisher Price little mommy set that Costco has right now

3. A small table and chairs - was thinking of doing plastic so we could also bring it outside for messy art

4. a lego duplo set

5. A dollhouse - maybe the Fisher Price "My first dollhouse"

6. Snap and Style doll

7. A sled? Is she too young for this

8. Crayons, stickers, books, puzzles, etc.

9. A tea set - maybe the fisher price one or a schylling one?

fivi2
11-08-2008, 02:16 PM
looks good. A couple of thoughts - my girls may have been a little later than some, but I don't think duplos would have gotten much play at 18 months in my house. They love them now at almost three, but they really weren't interested until after they were 2. Same with the tea set. But they did love play dishes at aabout 18 months.

They got the FP dollhouse at 2 and love it.

We got snap and style dolls at around 2.5 and they are pretty frequently played with. They probably would have liked them earlier too, I just didn't know about them!

IKEA has some cute tables and chairs - some plastic ones.

I have seen some good prices on Amazon for some of the Kidkraft kitchens and a Melissa and Doug Kitchen. The prices seem to change regularly though. Also check who is selling them. Sometimes the ones Amazon is selling has free shipping, so the base price may be a couple dollars higher than the 3rd party sellers', but when you compare shipping it may be a better deal. Other than that, a lot of people seem to like the costco kitchen this year.

That sounds like a great list!

kochh2
11-22-2008, 07:31 PM
we have a 19 month old DD, and while those things look awesome for her, we are leaning towards waiting till her 2nd b-day for some of those things, and going with s doll stroller, a tea set, a tin top, magneatos, and maybe wedgits right now.. but as each kiddo is different, perhaps your DD would get a lot of play out of those things now.. i just know my DD would not, as we live in new england and it's indoor toys for now!!!
as for the sled... never too early!! she'll get lots of fun use over the years!!

:)

maylips
11-22-2008, 09:52 PM
I would recommend a toy stroller - my now 20 month old DD played incessantly with one at a friend's house so I bought one the next day (a cheap $7 one at Kmart). She LOVES it. Puts her teddy bears in it and chases our dog (who then pees because she's scared - another post there).

gobadgers
11-23-2008, 11:48 PM
I love your list! My daughter will be 16 months at Christmas and I was having a lot of the same ideas. Here's what I'm thinking, FWIW:

- baby doll accessories are at the top of our list, her baby doll is the most important possession outside of her lovey, and she LOVES pushing other strollers around

- I think a tea set would get a lot of interest and use too

- I'm hoping on holding off on a play kitchen until 2 yr birthday or next Christmas... the ones that we've seen in stores so far are still waaay taller than DD, she can't reach the sinks or stovetops yet. She is a little more petite than average though.

- A table and chairs hadn't occurred to me yet, but this seems like the right time for that - even if she has to grow into it a little.

- We are definitely getting a sled. I'm looking for a small, pull-along deal, not necessarily one she can use for years and years. If we get some snow this winter I'm hoping that will be my exercise :-)

- last but not least, I've already ordered some board books from Sort Floor Books, and am trying to avoid another order before Christmas... there were some new Eric Carle books and we also got The Night Before Christmas.

vonfirmath
11-24-2008, 11:59 AM
Our 15-month old son likes playing with his duplos already. He pulls them off the shelf and opens the lid to get to them. And he's an only.