PDA

View Full Version : Recommend your online planner/organizer

irie i
11-08-2008, 06:51 PM
I have A LOT going on right now with the holidays, work, Dr. appointments, parenting/lamaze classes, etc. I've never claimed to be the most organized person. In fact since high school I have always figured out ways to work around my being disorganized! lol! Clearly I don't have that luxury anymore, however, and I need a little help keeping on track of all the things I need to do. Does anyone use any online planners/organizers that email or send text messages to remind you of scheduled meetings and appointments? If you can recommend one please do!

Thanks so much!

irie i
11-08-2008, 06:53 PM
Has anyone tried cozi.com?

WatchingThemGrow
11-08-2008, 07:48 PM
We all use Google Calendar and share our calendars. DH and I can see what each others' appointments and schedules are, which has been VERY helpful.

He and his brother share calendars also, so we can click and see when our niece and nephew have sports things coming up. Also, we actually give access to MIL so we can see when they'll be out of town/busy with basketball games and not available to babysit for us.

You can have it send emails to you and to give you onscreen reminders.

emilys_mom
11-09-2008, 12:17 AM
I've used Cozi. It works well enough for the calendar, but I had issues with the Outlook synch when I loaded it on both my home and work PC's (I have Outlook 2007 on both my home and work PCs). It was the 3 way synch that was a pain because it was nearly impossible to delete appts- they kept showing back up.

Otherwise, I really love the blog features and am hoping they make it possible for me to share it with others without having to give a password away. By the way- their screensaver is awesome- leads to conversation in my kitchen all the time because DD loves to sit and watch pictures of herself go by.

Swimfreak78
11-09-2008, 12:43 PM
I've tried Cozi and had the same outlook challenges. I just synch with one now and that seems to resolve.

neeleymartin
11-09-2008, 09:50 PM
i second google calendar.

love it.

bigsis
11-09-2008, 10:37 PM
Since my email is with Yahoo, I use that calendar. HTH!

mariza
11-10-2008, 08:34 AM
Parents magazine had these 2 recommendations:
www.reqall.com
www.gosimplymobile.com
both look promising, I like that reqall has a number you can call and leave a message for yourself via voice, they will turn it into text and send it back to you as a text message or email (or both) depending how you set up your account.
I just saw these last night and haven't had time to look at both very in-depth. I will be in training classes for work all day, but if you get a chance to explore them, I'd love to hear what you think. I am in need of some help with my scatterbrain as well!

Zansu
11-10-2008, 04:45 PM
DH and his colleagues use Airset, and I know they all run different calendars.

irie i
11-10-2008, 10:16 PM
Thanks for all of your suggestions! I am checking them all out. :)

niccig
11-10-2008, 10:20 PM
Let us know your reviews. I want to start using a calendar that I can sync with the new phone I'm getting for Christmas, and one that DH can see from his work. Tired of the "what are we doing the night of....". Look it up yourself.

MMMommy
11-11-2008, 02:01 AM
Google calendar!