PDA

View Full Version : The wedgits have been a screaming success!

elaineandmichaelsmommy
11-09-2008, 11:16 PM
We finally went out and bought ds and dd a set of wedgits as a shared gift for their birthday. We wound up spending more than we'd planned on because the wedgits to go set had the carrying case,two extenders and the puzzle cards for $50 as compared to just two stacks of the wedgits in the deluxe set for $40. I'm glad we spent the extra $10.

They've been playing with them so well in fact that there are several toys that haven't even been touched yet. DD has spent easily and HOUR on the floor at a time playing with them and tonight she made several differant sized pyramids to "sell" to us. Dh purchased 3 of them with coins from our fisher price cash register.

I just wanted to share our good experience and post a link to show what they are in case anyone wasn't familiar with them.

http://www.amazon.com/Imagability-Wedgits-Go-Piece-Set/dp/B0006HB9FW

Like I said. Both of them are loving them and frankly nuts about them and there have been enough in the set to share and play with at the same time.

JEn

Momof3Labs
11-09-2008, 11:24 PM
Is this the exact set that you got? Just curious because it is $40 with free shipping, and you mentioned spending $50. It looks like something that DS1 would enjoy!

elaineandmichaelsmommy
11-09-2008, 11:36 PM
Actually yes, this is the set we bought. We went to a local ind. toy store for them. I hadn't bothered to look online before and just brought up the amazon link so I could show everyone. Believe me the price diff. is a little annoying but I consoled myself knowing we helped support a local business.

Momof3Labs
11-10-2008, 12:12 AM
Thanks, that helps! I haven't looked for them locally but may just order them online for that price. And thanks for the review!!

rlmomto5
11-10-2008, 08:27 AM
Thanks so much for the review! I was planning on getting DS a set for Christmas.

DrSally
11-10-2008, 11:35 AM
I've been wanting to get these for awile since they had them at the library. I have just been waiting for a free ship deal. Glad to hear they're such a success!

lovin2shop
11-10-2008, 12:52 PM
Do these have a lot of small pieces? I'm trying to get a few things for my older DS that are safe to have around an almost 1 yr old (although I wouldn't necessarily let the baby play with them, just don't want to worry quite so much). Trying to decide between these and the Magnatiles...

BeachBum
11-10-2008, 01:12 PM
Do these have a lot of small pieces? I'm trying to get a few things for my older DS that are safe to have around an almost 1 yr old (although I wouldn't necessarily let the baby play with them, just don't want to worry quite so much). Trying to decide between these and the Magnatiles...

In my set, there is only one sized piece that could be dangerous around a baby. While you could just take that piece away, I do feel like it would limit the building options b/c you need the small piece for a brace for more complex designs.