PDA

View Full Version : How does your playgroup communicate?

WatchingThemGrow
11-10-2008, 12:47 AM
We were using just email, but it was getting crazy with the reply all emails and people joining or moving. We went to a test site which pretty much served the purpose, but is now closing. We're considering Google Groups as a few of us have some experience with in our neighborhoods/ other groups.

What does your playgroup use for electronic communication and how well do you like it?

fivi2
11-10-2008, 12:48 AM
yahoo groups! It is great. You can set it up to come to your e-mail or to just read the messages on line (or get a digest, but I don't do that one). I didn't set up our group, but the mom who did said it was really easy.

eta: it's funny, I belong to quite a few yahoo groups, but didn't even know google had groups! Now I feel like I am missing out... :)

wencit
11-10-2008, 02:09 AM
We use Yahoo Groups, too. It's fairly easy to use, but I'm not too thrilled with the message format. It drives me crazy sometimes. I didn't know that Google had groups too, but perhaps you could check out both and see which one you like better. You can always create a dummy Yahoo Group, play around with its features, and delete it yourself if necessary. I imagine you could do the same thing in Google, too, although I haven't tried it myself.

new_mommy25
11-10-2008, 02:26 AM
We used to have a yahoo group but it's such a confusing format. We've been using a free invision board for a couple of years now and it's perfect. I was able to set it up and I'm not very web savvy.

maestramommy
11-10-2008, 08:12 AM
Yahoo Groups. My current playgroup is actually a town moms group, so almost 100 women are checking and leaving messages. I get the email digest so I can scroll and find the messages that are pertinent to me.

LD92599
11-10-2008, 08:13 AM
We use meetup, though the group started as a meetup group vs a neighborhood group.

Not sure what is costs to get started, but there's a code:

It's time for more Community Organizers! Get $15 off starting a Meetup Group with coupon code "organizer" by 11/11 11:11PM EST!