PDA

View Full Version : Clipo, Bristle Blocks, or Krinkles

kristac
11-10-2008, 08:40 AM
For an 18 month old and his 4 year old brother? (Mainly for the 18 month old)

fivi2
11-10-2008, 10:00 AM
The only one I am familiar with is the bristle blocks. I bought the really cute Parents set at Target... and my girls never played with them. They love other building toys, but these just sat there. That may be unusual, but that is our experience. I probably bought them around 18 months and they are close to 3 now. I have tried several times, but they don't get played with!

Gena
11-10-2008, 12:25 PM
My son has Bristle Blocks and likes them a lot. He has fine motor issues and the Bristle blocks are much easier to put together and take apart than his Duplos are. My nieces (ages 3 and 11) also like to play with the Bristle Blocks when they come over.

ett
11-10-2008, 01:15 PM
I bought a set of bristle blocks when DS1 was 3 and he never really played with them. He had no problems with duplos, but the bristle blocks were hard for him to put together. I think they would be too advanced for an 18 month old.

11-10-2008, 01:22 PM
My 21 month old loves her bristle blocks. We got a basic set at Lakeshore and she plays with it daily. My 3 year old picks them up off and on to make cars or helicopters. I don't know anything about the differences between the thee if there are any.

Christine W
mom to John 11.19.05 and Katie 1.25.07

new_mommy25
11-10-2008, 02:49 PM
We've had Bristle Blocks since DS was 2. They are one of those toys that they sometimes play with a lot and then ignore for months. They are fun and DS has enjoyed making vehicles and robots over the years. They aren't as popular as Legos or Clics but are played with enough they I keep them around.

I saw the new Clipos in the Hasbro cataglouge and think they are really cute. I am considering getting a set for my 18mo nephew.

clc053103
11-10-2008, 02:51 PM
Bristle blocks and krinkles are the same thing, MOST sets (not all I have found) are interchangeable. DS age 3 has had them for a year and still plays with them every single day- he also puts change, and popsicle sticks, in them.

I have ordered off Target.com and also found many battat sets at TJ Maxx and Marshalls.

fivi2
11-10-2008, 03:06 PM
I had never heard of clics - just looked them up. They are really cute, but I wonder if an 18 mo could do them?

I bought these Fisher Price Little People Builders Blocks (the Farm - at Target) when my girls were about that age. Despite their unusual aversion to Little People, they liked building with the blocks and they were really easy. Target had a few different sets. I would have bought more, but we moved on to duplos. Also, some people like megablocks (or the giant legos - bigger than duplos, not sure if they still make them) for the younger set.

the fisher price blocks farm set:
http://www.fisher-price.com/fp.aspx?st=2058&e=product&pid=41781

link to other sets - the playground is cute!:
http://www.fisher-price.com/fp.aspx?st=2055&e=blocks

DietCokeLover
11-10-2008, 03:55 PM
I've ordered the Clipo sets for my DD for Christmas so we haven't played with them yet. They look like a lot of fun though.

new_mommy25
11-10-2008, 04:28 PM
DS got the Clics for his 4th birthday. My nephew is 3.5 and can connect them and make things just fine but he is very advanced in fine motor skills (more than my DS was at that age). I don't think they would work for ages under 3. My DD is 2 and cannot do Clics but can do Duplos, Bristle Blocks, Lincoln Logs and Zoobs with a little help.