PDA

View Full Version : CS Lunch in MK?

fivi2
11-10-2008, 03:14 PM
We leave in a couple days! I am excited, but starting to panic! (and this is a super short trip... I am completely obsessive about planning).

Would love some ideas for a semi-healthy counter service lunch in the magic kingdom. My girls really aren't the chicken fingers and burger type. Would prefer a deli type sandwich, but that appears to be difficult! I will have access to food, so may end up packing them a sandwich, but would love to hear your favorite cs in the mk!

TIA

egoldber
11-10-2008, 03:28 PM
Most children's CS lunches in WDW are mac&cheese, hamburger, cheese pizza or chicken fingers. Usually there is only a choice of 2 at any particular location. I think that Pinocchio's Village Haus in Fantasyland may offer a deli sandwich. In general, you are probably better off packing a sandwich. I had to do that for Sarah most days because she won't eat most of the CS meals.

You can also order something off the adult menu and it you don't want the sides (like the fries) then you can ask for the item by itself.

JTsMom
11-10-2008, 05:54 PM
Try allears.net. They have menus with prices listed.

ETA: http://allears.net/menu/men_cr.htm

Cosmic Ray's has some decent choices.

Momof3Labs
11-10-2008, 10:24 PM
We like Cosmic Ray's the best in MK for CS. The kids' menu choices are horrible anywhere you go, so either pack a lunch for them or order for them off of the adult menu and let them split.

bnme
11-11-2008, 08:09 AM
IIRC Pinnocchio Village Haus and Columbia Harbor House both had sandwichs and salads on the adult menu. Maybe on the kids menu but I wouldn't have noticed becasue all my kids eat are nuggets and mac :nodno: ). Check out allears.com to be sure.

fivi2
11-11-2008, 10:02 AM
IIRC Pinnocchio Village Haus and Columbia Harbor House both had sandwichs and salads on the adult menu. Maybe on the kids menu but I wouldn't have noticed becasue all my kids eat are nuggets and mac :nodno: ). Check out allears.com to be sure.

Yeah, it actually looks like Pincchio has a kid's turkey and cheese roll up option and a PB&J option, with sandwiches and salads for the adults. BUT, I have heard a lot of negative stuff about it...

Oh well, I guess we aren't going for the food :)

Thanks for the help everyone!

Jacksonvol
11-11-2008, 11:21 AM
Hmm, we usually eat at Pinnochio's or Columbia Harbor House when we are at MK. DD likes the sandwiches and Grandma (who works at Disney and makes our trips possible) likes the salads. I also like the choice of fruit as opposed to automatic french fries. I have to say that Disney has gotten a lot better with food choices in the parks.

I have not had a bad experience with either place and when I was at Pinnocchio's solo with DD and she had to go to the bathroom, a cast member stood next to our table to watch our stuff and make sure our food was not cleaned away.

fivi2
11-11-2008, 11:55 AM
Hmm, we usually eat at Pinnochio's or Columbia Harbor House when we are at MK. DD likes the sandwiches and Grandma (who works at Disney and makes our trips possible) likes the salads. I also like the choice of fruit as opposed to automatic french fries. I have to say that Disney has gotten a lot better with food choices in the parks.

I have not had a bad experience with either place and when I was at Pinnocchio's solo with DD and she had to go to the bathroom, a cast member stood next to our table to watch our stuff and make sure our food was not cleaned away.

Thanks for the positive reviews! good to hear :)