PDA

View Full Version : Stroller for infant who can't sit up yet?

erincarter
11-10-2008, 03:58 PM
I need a stroller for my son for our Holiday Travels, but we'll be in a weird transition phase at that point. He will be 6 mo at Xmas time and will have outgrown his infant seat, but I don't think he will be able to sit up on his own yet. What are good, lightweight strollers for this situation? We have a Bob for home but are certainly not taking that on an airplane. It would also be ideal of the handles could adjust for height as my husband and I are both pretty tall.

mecawa
11-10-2008, 04:36 PM
If you are looking for something like an umbrella stroller, a Mac Triumph/Quest would be good. We have a Triumph, and it is lightweight, is able to recline(not a full recline), easy quick fold, and is just really easy to travel with. I didn't have my DD in there until 12 months but know plenty of people who used it way before without a problem. I think the recommended age for the Triumph is 3 months +. I also just bought a BJCM which is also lightweight, with a super easy fold, but I have yet to travel with it, so I'm not sure exactly how easy it is during travel.

codex57
11-10-2008, 05:28 PM
I second those suggestions. I'm looking at a travel stroller too, and I think I prefer how the Mac does the umbrella fold better than the bifold of the BJCM. I prefer the Quest over the Triumph cuz the 08 Quests have this fabric I really like (very soft) and the recline goes down farther.

strollerqueen
11-10-2008, 05:50 PM
I like something a little more comfy for travel, since my children always spent more time in their strollers than at home. I really like something with a deep recline, plush seats, and full canopy, so they can nap when we are walking around sight-seeing, visiting, etc. Also, because we walk more, I like something with pretty good wheels. And space-wise, I prefer an umbrella. So what has worked for me in the past is the Inglesina Zippy, Peg P3, or Chicco 2002 or C 1. Now I am into reversible umbrellas, so I can face my baby. The last two trips I used the Bebecar X-Fold and the BebeConfort Loola. For Thanksgiving I will use the Pliko Switch. I always keep a Mac Quest in my car for shorter trips, though.

WatchingThemGrow
11-10-2008, 06:00 PM
We love our Triumph for the exact time/use you described. It is handy and comfy enough for you and baby unless you're planning on doing a LOT of walking. In that case, I'd bring the BOB. For a normal trip, the Triumph should be fine.

wrenb
11-12-2008, 03:56 PM
In the baby prep for DC#1 I've picked up an Inglesina Zippy off of Craig's List. We'll be using it next autumn and at the winter holidays for airport travel. The seat reclines almost flat, so it ought to work for my 4 month old. It was highly recommended here, and it does fold beautifully.