PDA

View Full Version : Weego, anyone?

amldaley
11-10-2008, 11:31 PM
This looks like exactly what I am looking for, but only one review on TBW.

Anyone know about, have one or ever see one???????????????

Ladybug47
08-03-2009, 05:00 PM
I have the "old-school" 1970's one (that my mom used when my sister and I were babies) that used to be called "Snugli" (which is different from the current "Snugli" carriers out there that go by that same name). They were made out in Evergreen, Colo., and were hugely popular when my mom's generation were parents. The Weego is the updated version made by the same people who made the original "Snugli" carrier. The one I have has the same double pocket structure of the Weego -- it's just made with fabric rather than the newer materials the Weego is made of.

I have a newborn and he's very comfortable in it, and secure. It keeps his head fully supported, and just the top of his head and his eyes peer out of the top of it. He falls asleep as soon as I put him in it, and I can walk around and do stuff around the house, hands-free. It's definitely snuggly and feels like a big hug. :) 'Love it!

hobie
08-03-2009, 08:51 PM
My mom had an origional snugli too.

What doesn't look good about the design, is the waist band. It doesn't look very padded, so it may cut into your waist with a heavier baby. I prefer a padded waist band that really transfers the weight of the baby off your shoulders, and onto your hips.

lareigna
08-04-2009, 12:51 PM
Wow, I never heard of the Weego before, but it looks awesome. That's the first carrier I've seen that you can put a young infant backpack style. I just might try one...

hobie
08-04-2009, 03:25 PM
Wow, I never heard of the Weego before, but it looks awesome. That's the first carrier I've seen that you can put a young infant backpack style. I just might try one...

I know there are pics of a 2 week old on the back in mei tai on the Kozy web site, and you can also back wrap a newborn.