PDA

View Full Version : Do Uggs boots EVER go on sale anywhere?

alexsmommy
11-11-2008, 10:13 AM
DSD is 15 (I've adopted her) - her Christmas list is short but expensive. She knows she's not getting everything, but she really did not put a bunch of filler junk on it. In her defense I am shocked to see EVERYONE at her h.s. wearing Uggs. Not the knock off. Not all the kids parents can afford thelm - it's part of why we live where we do, pretty diverse in all regards. I may pawn this off on my parents who spend about that much on each grandkid (even if I tell them not to) and just have them do one stop shopping. Even if I do this, I'd love to get them a deal. She wants the classic ones. TIA.

bluestarfish18
11-11-2008, 10:21 AM
I've never seen them on sale anywhere before the holidays, but check out Nordstrom Rack after Xmas, I got 2 pairs there, one in raspberry and the other in tan, for $49.99 each-a steal compared to what they usually cost.

ohiomom1121
11-11-2008, 10:23 AM
I've seen the light blue and pink ones several times at TJ Maxx (adult sizes, but I think that would work for a 15 yr. old??)

Mikey0709
11-11-2008, 10:43 AM
I guess you would have to make sure they are not excluded from a coupon sale - - but i have seen them offered at a few stores that typically have 20% off coupons.... J Jill, REI and right now the Bloomingdales family & friends 20% is running. They all sell Uggs. I know in the past for xmas you need to get them early to get the color/size your looking for becuase typically they could be hard to find at this time of year.... last year a friend was on a Nordstrom waiting list for about 5 weeks for her teenager. I think for a 15 year old the dark tan is probalby the most popular color.

tazzy
11-11-2008, 10:52 AM
i know you've probably already thought of this, but ebay is a good choice. my friend brought brand new uggs there last year for $59, but they didn't fit her (she forgot to buy a size down from her usual size) and so she resold them for the same price.

rlmomto5
11-11-2008, 11:06 AM
I've never seen Uggs on sale. Both of my teen DD's got them for Christmas last year. I was lucky to even find a pair in both their sizes. They were sold out almost everywhere around here.

alexsmommy
11-11-2008, 02:55 PM
Thanks everyone. Yeah, I want to get them this weekend because I am sure they will become a scarce item soon.

lovin2shop
11-11-2008, 04:58 PM
Nordstrom's online has a pair of the classic short on sale right now, but they are in a Camo print. Not sure if that would be a hit or not, but just wanted to point it out just in case. I also don't know if they carry in the store, but our Nordies does have a huge Ugg display, so they might.

hollybloom24
11-11-2008, 05:34 PM
The Bloomingdales Friends and Family code, BDFF will give you 20% off Ugg shoes.

tekins
11-11-2008, 08:08 PM
I have seen them on zappos for sale before. otherwise shoes.com has some coupon codes but not sure if they work for uggs

alexsmommy
11-11-2008, 09:24 PM
The Bloomingdales Friends and Family code, BDFF will give you 20% off Ugg shoes.

Thanks. Unfortunately, they do not have the ones she wants. Very specific. Sigh. I remember this phase and she's pretty good about not having a lot of brand names. I know my parents will not blink at getting them for her full price if that's the only gift, but I just hate not getting a deal.

TahliasMom
11-12-2008, 03:34 AM
i personally think that Umis and Naturino are much higher quality, more comfy per dd, and hold up better than UGGS. i got some on discount the last few winters and they held up much better than the pair of UGGS dd got as a christmas gift last summer.

vahnessuh
11-12-2008, 06:50 AM
yeah... but you know how teenagers are. even if it's much better quality and more expensive... if it's not the right brand, they won't go for it (i know coz i used to be one of them not too long ago... hahah! yikes!).

alexsmommy
11-12-2008, 09:32 AM
yeah... but you know how teenagers are. even if it's much better quality and more expensive... if it's not the right brand, they won't go for it (i know coz i used to be one of them not too long ago... hahah! yikes!).

Absolutely. This is ALL about paying for the Uggs logo. If it were me, I'd go for quality. 15 y/o could care less. At least living in Chicago we actually need warm snow boots. Like I said, she would like waaaaay more name brands that she gets, but she handles the occasional sale item from her favorite brands intersperesed with what she can find and Marshalls and Target without too much complaint. So we'll suck it up and see what we can do. Thanks all!

mnosky1
11-12-2008, 09:58 AM
Our TJ Maxx has them very frequently but usually a small selection of sizes/colors- I think I've seen them at Marshalls too.

MMMommy
11-12-2008, 12:08 PM
I saw this on slickdeals this morning (can't take credit for this one).

UGGS 30% off at Shopbop - free ship
UGGS are included in the 30% off coupon code at Shopbop.com. http://www.shopbop.com
Use code: EARLYGIFT for 30% off.

Free ground shipping.

maybeebaby08
11-26-2008, 12:15 AM
I found this sale and if you use code TENAGAIN, you get ten dollars off.
Free pick up in store too if you live near a store.

http://www.ems.com/catalog/product_detail_square.jsp?PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=8455 24442584323&FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=282574488340101

BelleoftheBallFlagstaff
11-26-2008, 03:16 AM
What style does she want? I love my UGGS. They rock when it is snowing, which it will be doing here in Northern Arizona on Thanksgiving! I have the Sundance ones.

mom2aanda
11-26-2008, 04:59 AM
I was at Costco yesterday and they had the classic tall Uggs for $106 (in four colors: black, brown, chestnut, and sand). They were going fast! So many people were standing around the endcap calling their family/friends on the phone to ask about size and color preference.

I didn't get a pair myself since I like the classic short Uggs (easier to wear with jeans) but I was tempted by the price.

iaam
11-26-2008, 09:44 AM
I was at Costco yesterday and they had the classic tall Uggs for $106 (in four colors: black, brown, chestnut, and sand). They were going fast! So many people were standing around the endcap calling their family/friends on the phone to ask about size and color preference.

I didn't get a pair myself since I like the classic short Uggs (easier to wear with jeans) but I was tempted by the price.

Where is the Costco that you saw these at? TIA.

mom2aanda
11-26-2008, 01:19 PM
Where is the Costco that you saw these at? TIA.

I saw them at the Costco in Issaquah, WA.