PDA

View Full Version : Gucci Diaper Bag vs. Louis Vuitton Diaper Bag

NYCmomesq.
11-11-2008, 04:34 PM
Does anyone have either of these? Which is better. I know the big price difference, but which do you like better regardless of price?

tnrnchick74
11-12-2008, 02:33 PM
I can't tell you anything about either of those as I haven't used them...but the best diaper bag I have EVER used is a Ju-ju-be. Very stylish prints, great quality, and very organized.

lovin2shop
11-12-2008, 02:49 PM
Seriously, I wouldn't bother with either. I was given a Burberry diaper bag and I gave it up pretty quickly for something more functional.

salsah
11-12-2008, 06:47 PM
a friend of mine has the lv one and loves it. between the gucci and the lv, i would get he lv.

arivecchi
11-12-2008, 11:19 PM
Seriously, I wouldn't bother with either. I was given a Burberry diaper bag and I gave it up pretty quickly for something more functional.

Totally agree with lovin on this one. I am a label lover also, but you will quickly drop the expensive label diaper bag and use what is most functional. I actually prefer my husband's Diaper Dude best. The Burberry and Kate Spade bags are nice looking but just not functional. I would imagine the same applies to Gucci and LV diaper bags. Buy it if you really love it, but know that you may not get your money's worth out of it. My expensive diaper bag has just gathered dust.....

elektra
11-12-2008, 11:37 PM
Don't have either bag. BUT if I was going to splurge on a new Gucci or LV handbag, I would probably get one of the larger tote styles and then buy one of those make-your-own-diaperbag kits that has all the compartments. That way you could continue using it for a long time after you don't have the same need for the compartments. I mean, sometimes I only just grab one diaper and wipes, shove them in my regular handbag and go, if I know it's just going to be a short trip.
I did get an OiOi as a gift since I thought it looked a bit more like a regular handbag, but for functionality, I prefer the camo skiphop duo that DH and I sort of share.

BeachBum
11-13-2008, 10:32 AM
Don't have either bag. BUT if I was going to splurge on a new Gucci or LV handbag, I would probably get one of the larger tote styles and then buy one of those make-your-own-diaperbag kits that has all the compartments. That way you could continue using it for a long time after you don't have the same need for the compartments.

What I needed out of a diaper bag has really changed as DS grew. As a newborn I packed soooo much stuff. Then by about 6 months I was packing 1/2 as much, then by a year about the same amount, but different stuff (sippy cups and snacks, not burp rags and pacifiers and a zillion diapers), then a few months later I was just throwing stuff in my purse.
I do have several nice diaper bags, ($100-$250 each) but I'm glad that I didn't drop mega big bucks on one bag thinking it would be my only.
Good Luck with your decision!

lorinick
11-13-2008, 11:35 AM
Are you kidding me? I would say either of them. Save the money. I know I read money was not an issue for you in a post about strollers. But function should be important. I don't think your going to find it in either of those bags. You could find a great and STYLISH diaper bag for much less money.

Bean606
11-13-2008, 12:38 PM
ITA. I don't have the Gucci or LV, but I was given a Coach diaper bag as a shower gift, and although it is beautiful and I get compliments on it all the time, it is really heavy to carry and not as convenient as my husband's Diaper Dude or a plain old canvas tote from LL Bean. I'd use the money on some other splurges. If I had to do it over again, I would get a Vera Bradley for its lightweight washability and a Skip Hop for convenience.

vahnessuh
11-14-2008, 01:49 PM
my friend has the neverfull louis vuitton that she uses as a diaper bag. but for the past 2 weeks, she's been using a regular diaper bag (i don't know the brand).

anyway, she liked the neverfull bag... although the very same reason she liked it would drive me nuts. there aren't lots of pockets in it that you could organize your stuff. i prefer knowing where everything is.

Mikey0709
11-18-2008, 10:03 AM
I have to admit that I am a DEDICATED Louis Vuitton ADDICT! And on another note - a diaper bag addict! I've had them all - Coach, Kate spade, Storksak, Skip hop... and so on. I agree with the above poster, i LOVE my Louis Vuitton Neverfull GM bag... this is the largest tote they make, and i just bought it in the Damier print which was just released in the US 2 weeks ago. Yes, not alot of pockets or organization, but it holds EVERYTHING i need for 2 kids and not necessarily a diaper bag so i know i will use it for a long time. I don't think i would spend the money on a LV diaper bag, when this bag does it all. I would go with the above poster and get organizer inserts for it. Plus - i love it becuase it's lightweight. Most of these posts are correct - - the coach, kate spade are nice and stylish - but VERY heavy to carry... not practical at all with too many small pockets. Actually out of all my "DIAPER" bags.. i love the Lexie Barnes superstar.... it usually stays packed in my car with x-tra clothes, diapers, etc.... and can easily be dropped off with grandma when she helps me out. Love it cause it's also lightweight, roomy, water resistant and a great shoulder strap.

ahrimie
11-18-2008, 10:59 AM
i also have the neverfull. the only thing i don't like about it is that there aren't pockets in it... but after these posts, maybe i'll look into an organizer. also, i have the bugaboo.. and bc it's a tote, you have to use the stroller clips and it dangles on your stroller. i would rather some stroller straps to keep it in place bc putting it in the basket underneath is a real hassle.

i've seen the gucci one but not sure if it's worth the money bc it is afterall, just a diaper bag. i could justify the LV neverfull bc it was a real bag :P
but the gucci does have a strap to be clipped onto your stroller---a feature i really covet.

melissaflorida
11-18-2008, 09:30 PM
The best one you can use for a diaper bag is the LV Neverfull. So much room and easy to get things out of.

The LV diaper bag doesn't have much room and the Gucci offers more room by far.

Good luck,

Melissa

NYCmomesq.
11-22-2008, 03:53 PM
Thanks for the responses. I went to take a look at the LV diaper bag in the store. It has many compartments and is machine washable and very light as well. But I have to check out the gucci ones in person before I make a decision. I forgot to ask to see the neverfull. The neverfull might work since someone just gave me a skiphop diaper changing set. Plus I was surprised at how much less expensive the neverfull is and it would cost me much less since I also just got a $400 gift card from LV from someone. Thanks again for your comments!

NYCmomesq.
11-24-2008, 04:05 PM
A friend of mine told me she saw a chanel diaper bag. I don't think I know of any, not that I've ever paid attention before I got pregnant! Does anyone know of any chanel diaper bags or chanel bags that could be used well as diaper bags? Thanks!

AJP
12-12-2008, 10:48 PM
Another LV and diaper bag addict here!!!!! I also LOVE my GM Neverfull for my "nicer" diaper bag. I am able to fit everything for my 4 month old twins and a few of my important things and still feel like my stylish self as well! LOL I thought about the LV or Gucci "diaper" bags as well, but quickly realized that the size would never work for twins, and I truly like the neverful as a tote to use after as well. Not sure I've heard of Chanel doing a diaper bag, but maybe it was on of the larger totes?
Do you all know there is a msg board for all of us addicts?

melissaflorida
12-13-2008, 03:12 PM
I also used the Chanel travel tote as a diaper bag. I have it in pink. It also came in black and light beige. It's in their travel line. Not many pockets but nice and roomy with a comfortable shoulder strap.

The other bag I used as a diaper bag was the LV Deuville. It's in their travel line. The inside is water proof with a nice open design. Problem was the bag is very heavy even empty. Wasn't practical at all. I now have it for sale on Ebay.

Good luck! I am out of the stage of diaper bags and I use the Chanel Grand Shopper as my every day bag and love it but SOOO not useable with bottles.

Have fun,

Melissa

stinkyfeet
12-15-2008, 06:09 PM
I'm a first-time mom with a baby still in my belly, so I am not sure how practical my advice would be--but, after seeing the Gucci diaper bag, LV diaper bag, and the LV Neverfull bag, I like the Gucci diaper bag the best.

The Gucci one is fairly lightweight, and one model comes with surface that is very easy to clean--this particular bag is also very neutral, so your husband probably wouldn't mind holding it either. The LV diaper bag is VERY heavy. I just didn't like the fact that the LV Neverfull bag didn't have any pockets on the inside. It seems like things would get a bit disorganized. Also, the LV Neverfull bag comes with a tan fabric interior that seems like it would get stained pretty easily if a bottle should spill! HTH! :D

NYCmomesq.
12-20-2008, 11:46 AM
Thanks, I'll probably go with the gucci diaper bag. I saw the LV diaper bag and did not like it. It is not even leather, its cloth and for a price of $2,100 plus tax, I can't see how they could justify that for such a cheap looking bag.

salsah
12-20-2008, 02:00 PM
Thanks, I'll probably go with the gucci diaper bag. I saw the LV diaper bag and did not like it. It is not even leather, its cloth and for a price of $2,100 plus tax, I can't see how they could justify that for such a cheap looking bag.

it's not leather? the lv diaper bag my friend has is leather. i wonder if they changed it (hers is two years old) because it was too heavy.

NYCmomesq.
12-20-2008, 03:26 PM
it's not leather? the lv diaper bag my friend has is leather. i wonder if they changed it (hers is two years old) because it was too heavy.

nope it's not leather, the diaper bag they have now is from the mini lin line

http://www.purseblog.com/diaper-bags/louis-vuitton-monogram-mini-lin-diaper-bag.html
This bag now sells for $2,100, not the $1870 listed.

LV just came out with a messager bag that they claim could be used as a diaper bag, I think it's around $1500, but it doesnt have all the pockets like this one does.

codex57
01-12-2009, 10:27 PM
I like LV MUCH better than Gucci. I dunno about their clothes, but Gucci accessories like wallets and stuff are... well, they're basically crap. Them and Prada.

But yeah, with kids' stuff, go with whatever is more practical.

newdaddy09
01-24-2009, 04:39 PM

Hi - Do you still have that burberry bag?? My wife is dying for one, but they stopped making it. If you no longer use it, pls let me know and I'll buy it. Thanks!!