PDA

View Full Version : Infant Friendly Carribean?

njmom
11-11-2008, 04:42 PM
Can someone recommend a good island / resort for a vacation in Feb or March? Our baby will be 5-6 months old by then. Preferably we would like to fly there nonstop from either Philadelphia or Newark. Thanks!

Nechums
11-11-2008, 04:46 PM
St. Lucia's Jalousie Plantation. It has a non-stop from JFK on American. My husband and I were there this past January (while I was pregnant with our first), but we saw a lot of couples there with babies. They have babysitting and you can get a great deal on the resort from Luxurylink.com.

Bryan mom
11-13-2008, 08:32 PM
Have you considered a cruise out of Bayonne or New York City? Many cruises have free babysitting services.

Tondi G
11-13-2008, 08:59 PM
We haven't stayed with an infant but we saw a lot of families when we were in Puerto Rico after our honeymoon cruise! We LOVED St Thomas, it was our favorite port!

Some people seem to like the FDR resorts cause you get a vacation nanny! There is always Club Med or Beaches too! http://www.beaches.com/general/resorts.cfm

hillview
11-14-2008, 10:09 AM
Aruba Renaissance Hotels we took DS #1 when he was 7 months or so and it worked well.

Mexico Azul Beach Hotel (all inclusive) VERY kid friendly. Took DS #1 when he was 18 months and my sister and her son who was one year old. Expensive but wonderful.

/hillary

ThreeofUs
11-14-2008, 12:16 PM
VERY pricey, but the Ritz resorts are extremely family-friendly. The one on St. Thomas is quite nice - protected white sand beach, lots of toys around, attentive staff.

ha98ed14
11-16-2008, 07:59 PM
When I lived in Phila, we flew non stop from Newark to the DR (Dominican Republic). It was awesome (and cheap by comparison to other carribean resorts.) We did not stay in an all inclusive resort because I like to mix with the local population and see the out of the way places, but we did rent a nice 3 bedrooom house for a week for less than $1000. Granted that was 5 years ago. They do have all inclusives if that is what you are looking for. I found the DR very friendly and would love to go back someday!

ZeeBaby
11-16-2008, 08:20 PM
We are taking DD to the Grand Palladium Jamaica resort in December, she will be 5 months. It is all inclusive and from what I have read good for kids. Most all inclusive resorts, other then adult only are good for kids. We have done really well with those.