PDA

View Full Version : I'm sad, we put our dog down last night. :(

BelleoftheBallFlagstaff
11-11-2008, 06:22 PM
DH had her for 12.5 years, I was with her for 7. She was a chocolate purebred Pit Bull. She was a great, smart, sweet dog. After she was gone, our DD Isabella 18 mo. tried to give her a cookie and said "sit". Heartbreaking. Now the baby has no one to throw food at. Dakota was so patient with DD. I never wanted a pit, but fell in love with one just the same, and she totally erased me of my breedism. Boo Hoo.:crying:

MaiseyDog
11-11-2008, 06:27 PM
I'm so sorry for what you are going through. Pets make such a huge impact on our lives and I know it's hard to let them go. Big hugs to you and your family.

elektra
11-11-2008, 06:35 PM
So sorry. Big hugs to you.

SASM
11-11-2008, 06:37 PM
So sorry to hear of your loss. Just know that she is in a good place and she is now your furry angel.

Hugs,

shawnandangel
11-11-2008, 06:44 PM
"If I have any beliefs about immortality it is that certain dogs I know will go to heaven, and very very few people." ~ James Thurber

"You think dogs will not be in heaven? I tell you, they will be there long before any of us" ~ Robert Louis Stevenson

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." -Will Rogers

:hug5: Sorry to hear about Dakota.

bubbaray
11-11-2008, 09:25 PM
I'm so sorry. Many hugs to you!

Tondi G
11-11-2008, 10:20 PM
We just went through this with our 16 year old Pointer. She was such a wonderful dog and I'm glad both my boys had some time with her.... but it was very hard to make the call even though we knew it was time. HUGS!

MamaMolly
11-11-2008, 10:20 PM
:grouphug: sorry for the loss of your furry friend.

lizajane
11-11-2008, 11:25 PM
i am SO incredibly sorry for your loss. you may remember from earlier that i am grieving a FROG that we had a for a few weeks. i have great empathy for those who love a pet and i know it is a true tragedy. our labs are 9 years old and we already fear the inevitable. you have hugs and prayers from me and my chocolate lab and yellow lab. :):grouphug:

Mamma2004
11-11-2008, 11:46 PM
I am so, so sorry for your loss. Losing a beloved pet is never harder than when they have formed a loving bond with your child.

May you and your family always remember wonderful times with Dakota!

BelleoftheBallFlagstaff
11-12-2008, 12:52 AM
Thanks Mama's. It really makes me feel better to ear your kind thoughts!!! I am glad my DD got to have her, she loves every dog she sees! She cleaned up all the food on the floor, licked the baby clean after meals, AND she ate all the bugs and spiders in the house! I know pits have a bad rap, but she was soooo good with out DD. She was patient when DD pulled her by her ear, and tried to ride her, and put her in headlocks. She was never jealous of the baby, she was very protective of her, if she napped too long "dog-dog", would go check on her. She was our first baby.

Thanks again for the warm wishes!!!

ThreeofUs
11-12-2008, 03:34 AM
Oh, I am so sorry to hear about your loss! She sounds like a wonderful "first child" - it's so hard to lose these dear, loving friends. May your memories of her last forever! {{hugs}}

kdeunc
11-12-2008, 09:01 AM
I am so sorry. I know how hard it is to lose furry family members.

amldaley
11-12-2008, 09:08 AM
I know how hard it is, we are still mourning our pooch we lost in January. Isn't it amazing how they make us a family even before we have kids?

Sounds like your pooch was special :love5: