PDA

View Full Version : Geez the Obama's are

BaileyBea
11-12-2008, 01:07 AM
T
A
L
L

Seeing them side by side w/the Bushes it's clear to see ... but Boy are they TALL.

this coming from a 5'2" shorty who is jealous of anyone taller than 5'4" Ha Ha!

Nancy

elektra
11-12-2008, 01:19 AM
I definitely noticed that too!
It reminded me of my wedding pics with my tall, Nordic relatives and myself, standing next to DH and his small, Pacific Islander/Hispanic relatives. Definitely different gene pools in regards to height!
That type of thing is so much more obvious when you see it in a photo.

kijip
11-12-2008, 02:12 AM
Michelle is almost 6 feet tall IIRC. I don't think she wears super high heels because they always look about the same height and he is just over 6 feet, like 6 feet and 1 inch. He does not seem that tall to me but most of the men I know are 6 feet + Clearly she is exceptionally tall for her gender. My mom and most of the women in my family are about that tall, and I feel short by comparison but in reality am pretty darn tall. I bet their girls will be tall young women.

JoyNChrist
11-12-2008, 02:15 AM
T
A
L
L

Otherwise known as normal (from the 6' girl who married the 6'6" boy). :p

irie i
11-12-2008, 03:48 AM
Yes they are! :) You know, I always think of McCain as so short but in looking at pictures of the two standing side by side he really isn't that short compared to Barack Obama. I bet it is his stance that makes him look shorter...the way his shoulders are hunched up and his arm positions/movements are what make him look smaller.

kijip
11-12-2008, 04:45 AM
Yes they are! :) You know, I always think of McCain as so short but in looking at pictures of the two standing side by side he really isn't that short compared to Barack Obama. I bet it is his stance that makes him look shorter...the way his shoulders are hunched up and his arm positions/movements are what make him look smaller.

Also, skinny men like Barack Obama tend to just seem taller than they are. People usually guess my husband's height as 2 inches more than he is (he is 6'1") because the super slim factor just stretches him out. John McCain is not heavy by any stretch, but he has a much stockier, muscular build than Obama. Which makes him seem shorter than he actually is by comparison.

mommylamb
11-12-2008, 09:57 AM
I also think Bush is on the shorter side. I remember him standing next to Gore and thinking he looked really short.

g-mama
11-12-2008, 09:59 AM
Yeah, I read recently that Obama weighs 160 lbs - that's very slim for his height!

lizajane
11-12-2008, 10:46 AM
i was JUST thinking this morning, as i pulled on my jcrew outlet sweater that the reason mrs obama likes jcrew so much is because it is made for tall people. my short friend recently told me that she doesn't like jcrew because it is cut for skinny people. and i corrected her. it is cut for TALL people and many of us weird shaped people can't find super long armed items anywhere else!

kijip
11-12-2008, 11:16 AM
Yeah, I read recently that Obama weighs 160 lbs - that's very slim for his height!

Yeah, my husband is the same height and about 165. We have to buy him 32 waist pants and alter them slightly in the waist to make them fit and take out length on the legs on 34 inch inseams. He's pretty skinny!

MelissaTC
11-12-2008, 11:39 AM
It reminded me of my wedding pics with my tall, Nordic relatives and myself, standing next to DH and his small, Pacific Islander/Hispanic relatives. Definitely different gene pools in regards to height!
That type of thing is so much more obvious when you see it in a photo.

I got a chuckle reading this as I am Hispanic and my family is definitely on the short side. Our wedding picture is funny as my hubby is taller (around 6', 6'1") and his sister is 5'11". My Dad is 5'7" and I am the tallest of my sisters at almost 5'4".

octmom
11-12-2008, 11:55 AM

Wow! He's only 160 and he's that tall??? He is skinnier than I thought! DH is 6'3" and weighs quite a bit more than that, and did even when he was going through a really skinny phase some years ago.

DrSally
11-12-2008, 10:00 PM
I noticed that too!