PDA

View Full Version : Arts & crafts for 2.75yo?

Aishe
11-12-2008, 03:30 AM
Over the weekend I picked up a bag of playdoh toys (cutters, molds, etc . . .) for a dollar at a rummage sale. My dd went nuts over it - as in, I've barely had to entertain her for the last three days. So I'm thinking I should get some other arts and crafts supplies to cultivate this interest. Unfortunately, I am not the slightest bit crafty myself so I don't know where to begin. She does have an M&D easel, which she uses quite a bit, so she has chalk and crayons and markers and such. Paint is probably too messy, since we are in cramped quarters and don't have a yard. Any suggestions for other supplies?

ellies mom
11-12-2008, 04:22 AM
Paint is OK as long as you control the access. Colored pencils are good as well. Check out the book First Art by MaryAnn Kohl. She has a lot of great ideas. So does the blog No Time for Flashcards. http://www.notimeforflashcards.com Stickers are fun even simple circle stickers from the office supply aisle. Glue dots are great but at that age you will still need to help with them (no drying time is a plus). Tissue paper, contact paper, pipe cleaners, yarn, google eyes are all good things to have on hand.

brittone2
11-12-2008, 02:24 PM
Something fun my kids enjoy are the Do-a-Dot style markers (like a bingo dabber. Washable though). We get the ones Michaels carry (different brand, same idea) using a 40% off coupon.

Do you have a deck? We have an indoor wooden easel, but I have a cheapo $5 yardsale plastic easel out on the deck (permanently lives there) for painting (easier than dealing w/ paint inside, weather permitting). DD uses it like a playhouse sometimes too LOL (hides in it ;) )

Do you have a playdoh extruder/pump thingie? DS got one of these a year or two ago and both kids like it.

annasmom
11-12-2008, 03:33 PM
Try Color Wonder paints and then you won't have to worry about the mess.

How about some stickers?? You can get some of those colored dot stickers that you can find in the office supply aisle. They are a lot cheaper than character stickers, and the kids still love them. The foam stickers are fun too.

A pair of scissors?? She might still be too young, but my ds LOVED cutting with scissors at that age - of course I couldn't let him or the scissors out of my sight.

My kids also love decorating paper towel rolls, egg cartons, etc.

Some stampers??

sunriseiz
11-12-2008, 04:24 PM
Stickers, glue stick, washable markers (crayola), stamps, but also things to build with are good at this age (blocks, wedgits, etc). I think it may be all the same to them...creating something.

With holidays coming up, we will get a lot of our crafting in that way. Michaels and JoAnns sell cheap wooden ornaments that DC color with paints or markers. We'll make some kind of cookies to decorate. DD loooves to decorate cards to send people with sitckers or stamps. Last year we did thumbprint cards where the kids put their finger prints or thumbprints on and i 'embellished' them to make reindeer. They thought it was hysterical!

Have fun!

Aishe
11-13-2008, 04:15 PM
Thanks for all the great ideas! I'm ashamed to say that I'm having to google a lot of these suggestions, so I obviously needed the help!