PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else overwhelmed by all these discounts?

maiaann
11-12-2008, 11:16 AM
Maybe it's just me, but it seems everytime I open up my email I have a dozen or so "Spend More, Save More", "Friends & Family," "Biggest Sale of the Season," please shop our store emails. I know this is normal around the holidays, but it seems to be really bad this year - maybe because the economy is so drained. It's a bit overwhelming, because some of the discounts are almost too good to pass up, but I've only got so much money to spend.

Okay, glad I got that off my chest...

Melaine
11-12-2008, 11:30 AM
I agree....overwhelming. The weird thing is we are seeing items in season and pre-Christmas sales that typically we couldn't find until end of season after Christmas sales, you know? It makes me crazy too.....
Must be the economy.

octmom
11-12-2008, 12:00 PM
I'm tired of them too. If I get one more e-mail from Loft, I may scream!

mjmamma
11-12-2008, 12:10 PM
I just want to chime in and say that I'm thrilled with it all though I am having a hard time of keeping up with it. I do have a list that I am trying to stick to and I'm going from there. It is surely the economy. But yesterday, I got the Little Einstein Rocket at Target for $22 (which was on my list) and I hated the thought of spending $40 for it. Free shipping seems to be the big theme.

veronica
11-12-2008, 01:48 PM
I totally hear you...I loaded up a cart at fisherprice since they sent me a fS email but it is just sitting there.....I honestly don't need/want much of it and will be refraining from that deal since I imagine I will be getting a million emails!

DietCokeLover
11-12-2008, 01:54 PM
It is definitely hard to avoid/ run from all the bargains. I'm pretty well done with Christmas shopping, but keep thinking an awesome deal may come along that I can't pass up.

emschwar
11-12-2008, 02:38 PM
DH said he heard that almost every weekend (in B&M stores) was going to be black friday-type deals. Stores are so hard up to get people to spend that they're going ot be having a lot of deals.

lovin2shop
11-12-2008, 02:52 PM
Although I like the deals, I'm struggling with whether to pull the trigger on some things because the after Christmas sales should be so much better. You just never know what will be left though. Of course this is mostly stuff for me or the kids that we probably don't really need...so I should probably just wait for the really good discounts.

DrSally
11-12-2008, 05:13 PM
I've heard retailers are doing whatever they can to get people into the stores this season. It's a bloodbath as far as competition for your $$ goes.