PDA

View Full Version : Disney Princess Shimmer Doll Set - all 7 Disney Princesses!

MMMommy
11-12-2008, 01:58 PM
This Target exclusive set isn't on sale, but I wanted to post b/c it seems like a good price for all 7 Disney Princess dolls. It even includes Mulan, which is advertised as exclusive to this set only.

$59.99 for all 7 Disney Princess dolls.

http://www.target.com/Disney-Princess-Shimmer-Doll-Collection/dp/B00170LRIG/sr=1-1/qid=1226512331/ref=sr_1_1/187-0253573-3355542?ie=UTF8&index=target&rh=k%3Adisney%20shimmer&page=1

Individually, I think they are about $10 each. I saw all of the dolls sold individually too at Target, except for Mulan. So if you are looking for Mulan, this is where it's at!

Also, if you use the $5 off $50 or more toy coupon from the mailed Target Holiday Toy Book, it brings it down to $54.99.

pinkmomagain
11-12-2008, 03:03 PM
My 3yo, cut this out of the circular and stares at it all the time. I'm not sure I'm going to pull the trigger on this one, as we have a few different princess dolls already, but the sheer impact of receiving this gift might outweigh that. Or it might make a good gift from grandma. I don't remember seeing that $5 coupon though. Hmm........

bubbaray
11-12-2008, 03:12 PM
If we didn't already have all the DPs except for Jasmine & Mulan, I would soooo pull the pin on this. Seriously. That is a great deal!

The DPs get HUGE playtime here, by both my girls.

MMMommy
11-12-2008, 03:18 PM
My 3yo, cut this out of the circular and stares at it all the time. I'm not sure I'm going to pull the trigger on this one, as we have a few different princess dolls already, but the sheer impact of receiving this gift might outweigh that. Or it might make a good gift from grandma. I don't remember seeing that $5 coupon though. Hmm........

The $5 off $50 Target toy coupon was glued onto the mailed Target Toy catalog/book. The catalog had all the Target toy-specific coupons in it, but the $5 off coupon was stuck to the outer back of the catalog.

Twoboos
11-12-2008, 03:56 PM
Oh man... DDs were parked in front of this at Target the other day. We have 4 of the 7 already. DDs promised they would give away all the other ones if they could have these.

Sigh. How did I create these princess marketing monsters????

luvmypeanut
11-12-2008, 04:22 PM
How tall are the dolls? This might be a good item to put on Grandma's list for the kids.

bubbaray
11-12-2008, 04:25 PM
They are the same size as Barbie dolls and can fit most Barbie clothes/accessories.

pinkmomagain
11-12-2008, 04:52 PM
Sigh. How did I create these princess marketing monsters????

DD2 was one and I'm happy to say that she did grow out of it (hmmmm, maybe by 1st grade?). You'd think I'd have learned...but really Grandma made DD3 into this princess marketing monster, soooo I think she's gonna have to spring for this Target princess bonanza thingy.

sunriseiz
11-12-2008, 04:56 PM
They are the same size as Barbie dolls and can fit most Barbie clothes/accessories.

OT and stupid question: Where do you find Barbie clothes??? DD got Aurora for her birthday and I have been looking for clothes with no success. I thought they would make a great Christmas present.

TIA!

P.S. Walmart had the same princess set for ~same price in case that helps anyone.

bubbaray
11-12-2008, 04:56 PM
Walmart, Target -- pretty much anywhere Barbie's are sold.

maiaann
11-12-2008, 06:58 PM
The $5 off $50 Target toy coupon was glued onto the mailed Target Toy catalog/book. The catalog had all the Target toy-specific coupons in it, but the $5 off coupon was stuck to the outer back of the catalog.

My catalog didn't have a $5 coupon stuck to the back of it. Either the postman stole it (LOL) or maybe it's a regional thing.

JMS
11-12-2008, 09:03 PM
I don't think it was a coupon per se. I already used mine so I don't have it to read the fine print. But IIRC, if you spent $50 on toys, you earned a $5 gift card. I purchased Wii stuff in the electronics department, received the gift card and then applied to the rest of my purchases in the regular check out line.

ehmom
11-12-2008, 11:44 PM
does anyone know about the quality of these doll? they look pretty nice in the pic, but it can be hard to tell.

bubbaray
11-13-2008, 12:03 AM
They are like Barbies. Quality is about the same.

sunriseiz
11-13-2008, 01:23 PM
Walmart, Target -- pretty much anywhere Barbie's are sold.

Huh. I will have to look harder as I haven't seen them at Walmart...maybe I'll try Target! Thanks!

lilycat88
11-13-2008, 01:24 PM
I picked up this set last weekend at Target for DD. My mom lives about an hour from a Target but gets the ads and she called me Sunday morning and "ordered" me to go get that set before it sold out. DD is going to be THRILLED.

pinkmomagain
11-13-2008, 03:36 PM
I picked up this set last weekend at Target for DD. My mom lives about an hour from a Target but gets the ads and she called me Sunday morning and "ordered" me to go get that set before it sold out. DD is going to be THRILLED.

Yup, I picked it up today and put it right in the truck of my mom's car to give to dd. I did notice there were just a couple left on the shelf....but I'm sure they have a ton in back right now....closer to Xmas, I'm not so sure.

The Review Mommy
11-13-2008, 04:24 PM
Yep, I saw this set about a week and a half ago at my Target next to the Disney Princess stuff. Same place as the Mrs Goodbee Dollhouse. My Target NEVER has anything I want. I have to travel 20 minutes to the other one if I'm looking for something in particular. My guess is this set is in ALL Targets becuse it was in mine lol! :)

ehmom
11-13-2008, 05:14 PM
i noticed when i looked at them in the store today that their dresses aren't as nice as the dresses on the individual dolls. the dresses are less decorated and ornate. i think i might just get her favorite one.

The Review Mommy
11-14-2008, 05:48 PM
The Disney store is having 20 or 25% off ENTIRE store this week.

They had disney pricesses bundled with 3 or 4 different "outfits" from the movie. for example Cinderella with blue, white, cleaning outfit, and the pink one the animals made her. they had all the princesses. They were on the shelf all mixed up. I had to pull out a few to see the different ones.

The Review Mommy
11-14-2008, 06:12 PM
Here's the link;
http://www.windsorpeak.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=306438

MMMommy
11-30-2008, 08:20 PM
Starting today, the set is on sale at Target for $49.99. Sale ends Saturday.