PDA

View Full Version : Who would have thought that one statement could bring so much misery?

elaineandmichaelsmommy
11-12-2008, 09:22 PM
The statement being "No elaine you did not eat well." After she walked into the kitchen to ask me this since eating well is the only way to get desert. So of course my answer translated to no desert (halloween candy).

Good grief you'd have thought someone was inflicting some kind of horrid bodily harm to her.

Since when did pulled pork,mac n cheese and salad become a death sentance?

On the plus side the pulled pork was really good. Even if it did take 14 hours in the crock pot to make.

I thought a 6 we were going to be through all this, and most nights we are. She eats her dinner while telling us about her day. It's usually something very exciting with all kinds of made up details thrown in for dramatic license. But good god there are still "those" nights.

MamaKath
11-12-2008, 09:31 PM
Hugs mama!!! I am there many nights as well. :(

Fairy
11-12-2008, 09:49 PM
:grouphug: Ooooh, I'm so right there with you. Ugh.

DrSally
11-12-2008, 10:09 PM
Mmmmm, pulled pork,mac n cheese and salad, sounds good! IKWYM. I emptied DS's halloween bucket and put in about 10 pieces of candy he could eat. Every time he came downstairs, he would pitch a fit about getting a piece of candy. Usually I let him have one after meals, but it seemed like he would eat less, just to get to the candy quicker. So, I said after the last piece is gone, Halloween is over, and put the bucket away. And boy was I happy!

lilycat88
11-12-2008, 10:21 PM
It must be the night. DD is 4 1/2 and when I very calmly told her to use her spoon for her soup instead of turning the bowl up and drinking it (like, evidently, her FATHER showed her was an acceptable way to eat Rice Crispies!!), you'd have thought I had driven bamboo spikes under her fingernails. She threw a hyperventilating fit.

LarsMal
11-12-2008, 10:56 PM
Oh man, I deal with this on a daily (sometimes hourly) basis! I was really hoping it would get better as she got older. Oh wellllll.....