PDA

View Full Version : How do you store/organize Playmobil?

wolverine2
11-13-2008, 02:06 PM
My DS got his first playmobil set for his birthday, and I think we're in for much more of it in the future. We also had some second-hand from friends that were in a big bucket, and DS dumped all of his new stuff in there. (My reaction: Gasp! How are you ever going to find the wrench and hubcap that go with that set!) Do you keep the sets separately or together? I already know that in my house no one will even want to keep them separate but me. My thematic storage bins aren't going over so well with DS or DH. :shake:

AngelaS
11-13-2008, 03:04 PM
We have big bins and things are loosely categorized--farm stuff, zoo, pirates, castle and so on. There's a lot of intermixing in the Playmobil world tho and all the sets get played w/mixed imho. :)

KBecks
11-13-2008, 04:20 PM
Right now we have 4 sets, a family, a playground, a nativity and a small horse set. I merged the family into the playground set, and all sets are being kept in their boxes. I got some velcro to velcro closed the boxes that don't have the nicer handle closures. I figure this will work for us for now....... and maybe even further down the road because I want to keep some of the themes separate.

I am holding off on buying more because the boys aren't quite old enough, although we do take it out a few times here and there to play with, only for shorter times and it gets picked up and stored on a high closet shelf.

If I had a big set like a bunch of house rooms of furniture, etc etc. I would merge them and probably do a plastic bin with a lid.

Right now for me it's useful to have the boxes so I can use the photos to know what goes with what. It also saves me from buying storage containers.

BeachBum
11-13-2008, 04:44 PM
We use snapware "snap n stack" storage containers. They are deep enough that many of the bigger pieces (like boats, or cannons) fit in them, but the bottom one has a 6 compartment divider which is great for hats and small accessories.
I don't see the exact ones I have on the website. Mine have 3 layers, with the 6 way divider in one of the layers. I got mine at lowes.

http://www.windsorpeak.com/vbulletin/newreply.php?do=newreply&noquote=1&p=2232026

mnosky1
11-17-2008, 08:34 PM
We have one groups (pirates) in a rubbermaid type container - bigger than shoebox with lid that snaps on. Another set (playground and families) is in a plastic bag like the kind that a sheet set comes in with a zipper top. But each set seems to have one larger piece that doesn't fit (like the base for the playground) and if I get a big enough container to fit the whole set, it is pretty large for shelf storage as well as huge compared to the tiny pieces. I'll be curious to see if anyone has some better ideas!

Karenn
11-17-2008, 11:26 PM
In the beginning, I got an embroidery floss organizer with lots of different compartments and we had it all organized. That lasted a couple of weeks. Now, DS playmobil all goes in one big tub. DD keeps her people & furniture in her doll house and the tiny accessories in another big tub. What amazes me is that DS is actually able to remember which pirate came with which sword and which knight wears which armor. He knows exactly what he has and is able to find it pretty easily.