PDA

View Full Version : Is it true?

lovin2shop
11-13-2008, 02:29 PM
That pulling out one grey hair causes 10 more to grow? I'm really hoping that this is an old wives tale....

egoldber
11-13-2008, 02:31 PM
LOL!!! I think it just feels true. ;)

LarsMal
11-13-2008, 02:33 PM
Pretty sure it's just an old wives tale. I think I saw it on one of those myth-buster shows.

If it was true, I'd have a full head of grey, and I still just have the random ones pop up now and then.

I do get more when I'm pregnant, though...don't know the explanation behind that, but I'm sure there is one!

octmom
11-13-2008, 03:04 PM
My hairdresser once said something like, "If you pull one, then six more will come to its funeral!" :ROTFLMAO: I think he may have stolen that line from an episode of Sex & the City.

That said, I pull 'em sometimes.

Wife_and_mommy
11-13-2008, 03:09 PM
Not true. :) *But* once the melanin has started to leave it usually doesn't stop.

I started plucking grays in one particular area when I was 18. I finally stopped plucking it earlier this year. I'm growing quite the gray streak in the front a'la Stacy London. I'm able to hide it quite well though, thankfully. I do pluck the "random" ones when I see them. I'm not ready to venture into hair coloring yet but my day is coming.

crayonblue
11-13-2008, 03:26 PM
Drives me nuts when DH pulls gray hairs! He has too many to pluck them all. I think gray makes you look, er, wise. :)

Wife_and_mommy
11-13-2008, 03:40 PM
Drives me nuts when DH pulls gray hairs! He has too many to pluck them all. I think gray makes you look, er, wise. :)

LOL. DH tried that line on me. It makes men look wise. Older(as in 50's or 60's) women look wise. Twenty, thirty, or forty-some year old women--not so much, IMO. My sister is actually jealous of my gray hair. Wish I could donate it to her.:ROTFLMAO:

lovin2shop
11-13-2008, 03:53 PM
Let's just say that I've pulled more than a few. I can't stand how the grey ones always seem to sprout out in a wayward corkscrew manner.
I really don't want to have to color, but may have to give in soon. I did color in my twenties for fun, and really, it's just not that fun.

WitMom
11-13-2008, 11:44 PM
If it were true, there wouldn't be any bald old men! LOL.