PDA

View Full Version : Healthier 'sposies?

amldaley
11-13-2008, 03:06 PM
Hey all, I have to have dd in 'sposies about 18 hours a day right now (due to pavlik harness) and when she goes to daycare she will be in them about 8 1/2hours per day.

We tried Pampers Swaddlers and hated them. I can't stand thing with printed designs. The inks are bad for the environment and the pattern shows throw white onesies. Plus, dd has a long rise.

We have mainly used Whole Foods 365 Chlorine Free diapers and, at first we really liked them. But last couple of packs have had some duds...seems poor quality control. Some were crooked, some had unusable tapes and several times I have found crystals or gel on dd. I am not OK with that. I wish we could use cloth all the time.

What are the healthier brands? Anyone try Seventh Generation? We can't do G diapers yet either. Help!

eta: dd is EBF, so dipe needs to handle bf poops!

TIA!

Wife_and_mommy
11-13-2008, 03:17 PM
My DS was in a spica cast(for his femur) earlier this year and I used cloth for those weeks because it did the best job wicking away moisture. I'm not sure why you can't use cloth with the harness.

I don't use chlorine-free dipes so can't help you with a rec but wanted to recommend you try the cloth again if that's what you really want. :) DS's cloth had quite the wow factor with his ortho office.

amldaley
11-13-2008, 03:41 PM
My DS was in a spica cast(for his femur) earlier this year and I used cloth for those weeks because it did the best job wicking away moisture. I'm not sure why you can't use cloth with the harness.

I don't use chlorine-free dipes so can't help you with a rec but wanted to recommend you try the cloth again if that's what you really want. :) DS's cloth had quite the wow factor with his ortho office.

Her harness is tight and cloth won't fit through the aduction and induction straps, too thick. Plus, we still have daycare to contend with. I totally agree that cloth is better!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wife_and_mommy
11-13-2008, 03:48 PM
Her harness is tight and cloth won't fit through the aduction and induction straps, too thick. Plus, we still have daycare to contend with. I totally agree that cloth is better!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Darn. I was hoping that the doc's office had said to only use sposies or something similarly silly.

Hopefully someone with more knowledge will chime in but I do have a friend who used the Seventh Gen. and liked them. I think your best bet is to try a small pack of any you find and see what works best for your DD.

Hugs as you sort it out. I remember it being maddening at times. :hug:

Ooh, another thought is to try www.diapers.com (http://www.diapers.com) for other brands that you'll approve of.

amldaley
11-13-2008, 04:16 PM
Thanks! Yeah, my Dr office HAS said some stupid things and on our last visit I called them to the carpet on it. So, I could see them saying that, too. The nurse did say something about not using cloth because of leaks. I assured her it was the other way around.

I tried CPF and a wrap, I tried kissaluvs, BG's, Thirsties, Tiny Tush, Happy Heineys, Swaddlebees and Kushies. Nothing works with the harness. We have an appt tomorrow - hoping we can start doing harness at night only soon and CD all day long!

Has your sons femur healed or developed as it should? We are praying the harness will be all dd needs.

Thanks for the diapers.com tip...lots to check out there!

SnuggleBuggles
11-13-2008, 04:41 PM
Tushies, Seventh Generation and Earth's Best Baby come to mind. Someone on here said the EBB were the same as the Whole Foods' dipes. I have had good luck w/ all brands listed.

Beth

lmwbasye
11-13-2008, 05:06 PM
We love Seventh Generation here. No problems at all.

Wife_and_mommy
11-13-2008, 10:37 PM
Thanks! Yeah, my Dr office HAS said some stupid things and on our last visit I called them to the carpet on it. So, I could see them saying that, too. The nurse did say something about not using cloth because of leaks. I assured her it was the other way around.

I tried CPF and a wrap, I tried kissaluvs, BG's, Thirsties, Tiny Tush, Happy Heineys, Swaddlebees and Kushies. Nothing works with the harness. We have an appt tomorrow - hoping we can start doing harness at night only soon and CD all day long!

Has your sons femur healed or developed as it should? We are praying the harness will be all dd needs.

Thanks for the diapers.com tip...lots to check out there!

Hmmm.. from the pics I saw it looked like it would be hairy. When DS had his cast, I think my favorite insert was the Thirsties? Can't remember anymore. With a girl it'd be a bit harder but the key was to stuff the dipe enough that there was no dead space.

Let me check with my cloth dipe expert friend tomorrow and get back to you. I think you could use one cover that was as thin or thinner than sposies. It would work, I think.

Re: my DS. Thanks for asking. :) He fractured his femur by a complete fluke so wore the cast for 6 weeks. The first week was horrendous(esp. the dipe situ) but once we figured it out, it went well. You'd never know he'd broken a bone except for the nervousness my DH feels anytime he thinks DS is doing something "dangerous". In my DH's speak that's anything most normal, healthy children do.;)

Best of luck. Please shoot me a PM if I don't respond to this thread. I really want to help you!

amldaley
11-21-2008, 12:12 PM
Dr ok'd us to loosen straps a little now through X-mas or when she grows out of harness! I successfully used a BG 3.0 pocket (trimmer than the Tiny Tush Elites we normally use). Now I gotta go find more BG's as we only have 3!

Yea, cloth diapers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rl42382
12-08-2008, 09:06 PM
I Used Seventh Generation Wasnt Happy Use G Diapers And Bum Geniouse All In Ones For Night G For Day Time The Sevent Generation Leak Right Away Also Gell Comes Out Very Fast And A Boxy Fit

edurnemk
12-09-2008, 12:23 AM
I used Seventh Gen. for a while while travelling (we use cloth at home) they're ok, I think they leaked less than Pampers. Now we use gDiapers for travel, once you get the hang of how to fit them correctly they're great. I'm not sure why you say you can't use them yet, but they're a good option.