PDA

View Full Version : Would I be the biggest dork in the world...

Mommy Of A Little Angel
11-13-2008, 03:58 PM
if I went outlet shopping at midnight on Black Friday? I found out that is when they are opening and after Thanksgiving I will probably be tired, but maybe a power nap then shopping? I think DH will laugh at me if I suggest it. Would you go?

C99
11-13-2008, 03:59 PM
Would I go? No. Would you be a dork if you went? No. I love to shop, but I cannot handle the madness of BF. I actually avoid the mall, IKEA, etc, like crazy after Thanksgiving.

amldaley
11-13-2008, 04:02 PM
If you're a dork, then so am I.

And not half as dorky as these guys ---->:45:

If I had one close by and someone to watch dd and someone to shop with like my mom, i would sooooooooooooooooo be there with you! Do outlets do black friday deals????

mecawa
11-13-2008, 05:39 PM
If you are dork than so am I!!!!!!!!! LOL I did that last year. After I cleaned up from turkey dinner with the fam. I took a power nap and drove to the outlets. Only problem was that the outlets I went to, everyone in the area or all of New England for that matter had the same idea. I sat in traffic for three hours trying to get one exit up to pull into the outlets. We then heard on the radio (my sis was with me) that there was no parking left. So we left and went to the town my sis lives in and did Kohls, Circut City, all those places instead, and later on the mall. It was fun, I would have loved to have actually made it into the outlets though. I say go for it, especially if you can get in, go early and get a parking spot.

irie i
11-13-2008, 05:43 PM
Go for it. I haven't done it myself however when I was in college I worked in retail and at two different outlet stores and we hated having to go in when there were no shoppers! So, yes, go and make them earn their keep! :) Go get some awesome deals for Christmas.

sidmand
11-13-2008, 06:08 PM
My DH, who HATES shopping, did this the last two years. He found it a challenge. We actually live closer to the Wrentham outlets than any mall, but it was crazy to get there.

I love shopping but I stay away from any Black Friday sales like the plague!

But I think it's kind of cool the deals you can get.

buddyleebaby
11-13-2008, 06:17 PM
That doesn't make you a dork.

But I will say it depends what you are shopping for. Over the years I have found that you can often get the same deals (or close to them) later without the crowds, cold, and chaos.
But if you think it will be a fun girls night out type thing, go for it!

KBecks
11-13-2008, 06:19 PM
No, I'm online shopping as much as possible for the holidays. But, if it floats your boat, I do not think you are a dork for having some midnight fun.

AngelaS
11-13-2008, 06:42 PM
Nope, notta dork. :) My sister and I leave around 4:30 to hit our carefully planned list of stores. :)

Mommy Of A Little Angel
11-13-2008, 06:44 PM
Hehe thanks ladies!

Luckily for me I don't have to worry about it being cold (FL) and we have some great outlets here. I am hoping they have some awesome deals. We have a new Janie and Jack outlet that I am really looking forward to as well as a Victoria's Secret outlet that I know will help me finish off some Christmas gifts. I *hope* it's worth it. Let's just see if I can get my SIL to come with me and then I will be all set!

ellies mom
11-13-2008, 08:10 PM
I'd rather go at midnight than 6 or 7am. I'm usually still up a midnight. I do my darnedest to be asleep at 6am. But then again I'm the type who doesn't feel the deals are worth the crowds on Black Friday anyways.