PDA

View Full Version : LAST DAY: FREE SNAPFISH PHOTO BOOK OFFER from Oprah

mominjune
11-14-2008, 06:36 AM
Oprah.com has a link for a free 8x11 photo book from Sanpfish (you pay S&H). You have to get your coupon by today (FRIDAY NOV 14) but you have until Sunday to use it.

I tried linking through Oprah's link but it didn't work well. The easiest way was to go to snapfish directly, go to help section. Click on "The Oprah offer did not get credited to my order" and follow their directions.

Have fun!

Swimfreak78
11-14-2008, 09:37 PM
Just got an email from snapfish - extended until 11/22

Due to the amazing popularity of our free book offer, we've extended the time you have to create your free book to 11:59pm PST on Saturday, November 22nd.
The site is experiencing intermittent slowness and customer service wait times are very long. We apologize for this inconvenience.

The best time to create your book is on weekdays in the morning or early afternoon.
If you need help or have questions we recommend you click here to visit our help pages.

If you are getting this email there is a credit in your account for a custom cover photo book ($29.99 value).

Please note that you will not see the credit appear until you are on the Review Order Page - the page that has the "buy now" button.

Please allow 3 weeks to receive your book from the day you order it.

Please note this promotion cannot be combined with any other offer.

Snow mom
11-14-2008, 09:50 PM
I didn't get this e-mail. When I look at my account credits it still says "1 FREE PHOTO BOOK" expires 11/16. Anyone else not get the e-mail? I'm not sure if I should be worried...

~Lisa

kayla8
11-14-2008, 09:54 PM
I didn't get this e-mail. When I look at my account credits it still says "1 FREE PHOTO BOOK" expires 11/16. Anyone else not get the e-mail? I'm not sure if I should be worried...

~Lisa

I got the same email for an extension. That is less stressful.

scoop22
11-14-2008, 10:19 PM
i got this message. :bighand:
dh did not so i ordered from his tonight.:bouncy:
mil did not.:shrug:

shoxie
11-15-2008, 12:56 AM
Phew, got the coupon! Thx so much for reminding me - I'd completely forgotten. At least I have a few extra days to create the book. There's a message at the top when I logged in stating that the deadline has been extended to 11/22.

inmypjs
11-15-2008, 02:09 PM
Does anyone know if I can still get this coupon? I saw that it said through 11/14 so I may have missed it... I can't find any links on Oprah.com or Snapfsh that will allow me to get the coupon in my account.

veronica
11-15-2008, 04:33 PM
I don't "think" you can still get it but you could always call their CS. I did have to call them because I did recieve the extension email but had just finished mine, I clicked order (the screen showed the credit) but then I got an error that two of my pictures would not work correctly, to change them and then order. when I did that, the credit was gone :(

So-I had to call......and was on hold for 1 hour before they answered. They gave me the credit back and it worked. I don't think they knew the power of "Oprah + Slickdeals + this board" where this deal was posted!!!

iowavb
11-15-2008, 06:45 PM
Is anyone having major problems with their site? I can't get past the screen where it says to upload pictures. It just says please wait... and I keep waiting and waiting, it's been 15 hours that I've tried and I can't get anything to work. I sent an e-mail for help, but haven't heard anything back yet, so I may just give up. I don't know if it's worth the headache at this point!

mominjune
11-15-2008, 07:06 PM
I've been working on mine today and the site has been really fast... BUT I've only been re-arranging the photos, changing layouts and backgrounds. I had uploaded them last night already (late late night at like 2am).

On their website I think it says the less busy time to upload photos is during the day on weekdays, so hopefully you will have better luck if you wait a bit or do it when everyone else is asleep like I did?

iowavb
11-15-2008, 09:05 PM
I actually was having a hard time sleeping, so I was up at 3, and thought it would be less busy then and I still couldn't do it.

Edit: Ok, I went to another computer, and the other one was working, and yes, it was very fast! It was my first time making one on Snapfish and it was really easy!

rlu
11-16-2008, 02:37 AM
Is anyone having major problems with their site? I can't get past the screen where it says to upload pictures. It just says please wait... and I keep waiting and waiting, it's been 15 hours that I've tried and I can't get anything to work. I sent an e-mail for help, but haven't heard anything back yet, so I may just give up. I don't know if it's worth the headache at this point!

I had a lot of problems Thursday night. I was able to upload pictures, but when trying to place them in the book I just got that crazy circling icon where the picture should be. I was able to get mine done (Friday morning) but decided to add a few more. I was able to get them added about 2 hours ago (Sat 8:30pmPST). With the extension, hopefully the mad rush will end.

I had never made a photobook before, so DH and I experimented with different layouts, so we're curious to see how all the pages turn out. We got 68 pictures onto the 20 pages, averaging 4 pictures per page with one 9 pix page. Front page had only 1 pix. Lots of pix from the zoo, so smaller size hopefully won't be an issue. Tried to make the pix of people the larger ones per page.

Shipping was $6.99 plus sales tax as CA taxes shipping and handling charges. Expected shipping time in 3 weeks.

kristal
11-17-2008, 05:54 PM
Thanks rlu, for the details!

If I may ask (rlu or anyone else who is done with their photobook)- how long did you take to create the photobook, from start to finish? I'm trying to plan when to start this project.
Thanks.

mominjune
11-18-2008, 02:21 AM

If I may ask (rlu or anyone else who is done with their photobook)- how long did you take to create the photobook, from start to finish? I'm trying to plan when to start this project.
Thanks.

I worked on uploading photos while I checked emails, read the news, etc, so it's hard to gauge. I used the slow method to upload b/c I didnt' want to download their program. It was still pretty reasonable, probably 20-30 minutes condensed time for uploading a total of 70 photos? However, it was a LOT slower though when I tried to go back and upload more at a peak time.

I've started making photobooks on other sites (and never finished) and found Snapfish to be super easy and fast. I did it from work during my small breaks, and was quite pleased. I could have finished the layout in probably 10 minutes, but I'm really picky when it comes to these things and picked and repicked backgrounds, layouts, added and dropped photos, and still probably took me only an hour total? maybe a little more ;)

HTH... I think overall it depends on how picky you are and if you have photos picked out and ready to go, etc. but I have to really compliment snapfish on how user-friendly their program is (and I don't usually use their site for photo-developing, but may use them more if this book turns out good)

mommabear
11-18-2008, 03:55 PM
Can you still get the coupon?

mominjune
11-18-2008, 05:51 PM
unfortunately the links don't work anymore.
the only remote possibility I can think of is by calling their CS dept?

momofjandl
11-20-2008, 09:44 PM
I just made and ordered my book.

I went back in to take a look at it again and it seems that it's not there.

Can you preview it again after you've already ordered? And if so, where?

TIA!

And thanks to the OP! I got a book and 20 free prints...for my holiday cards this year. My total for book and 32 4by6 prints was $11 something..don't forget ebates too.

MaiseyDog
11-20-2008, 11:18 PM
Just wanted to let everyone know that I made my book on 11/12 and received it today. It turned out really well. I had made a photobook several years ago and wasn't that impressed with it, but this is cute. DD wanted to read it as her bedtime story tonight.

megulis
11-21-2008, 01:47 AM
Thanks for letting us know about the quality of the photobook. It's good to know since I spent $22 after the $30 off.

I couldn't figure it out till now, but you can preview your old project. When you go to see your photos from the front page, you see on the side menus that you can choose projects. Under projects, choose your projects. On your projects page, near the top you will see previous projects. It is under there.

I hope you find it!

rlu
11-21-2008, 02:00 AM

Thanks.

We had spent hours picking out the photos ahead of time. Uploading the pictures was pretty fast, even using the "slow" method. I did other things while the uploading occurred.

I would say less than an hour once uploaded to make the book. (I stopped when their website was so slow and did it the next day.)

I decided not to drive myself crazy with all the different layouts. I did my draft, had DH look at it, he made a few change and we got it ordered before the original deadline.

Sorry for the delay in responding.

megulis
11-21-2008, 11:20 AM
It took my forever, but I was looking at the last 5 + years of our life. Tons of pictures to sort through, dates to look up. I actually didn't enjoy it as much because of the time constraint, but I am glad I did it.

kristal
11-21-2008, 06:26 PM
Thanks for the reply rlu.

I took about 2 hours after uploading the pictures, to create the photobook. This is the first time I'm ever doing a photo book, so spent some time looking around and with various backgrouds, layouts etc. etc.

Also a note on uploading using the slow method- I tried twice earlier, but due to our slow DSL and their extremely busy website, it never went through.
So I just uploaded using the regular fast method. Hopefully the book still turns out good!

If anyone wants to try the slow upload method, try at a non peak time. It still may be very slooooow.

mominjune
11-21-2008, 09:15 PM
Thanks for the reply rlu.

Also a note on uploading using the slow method- I tried twice earlier, but due to our slow DSL and their extremely busy website, it never went through.
So I just uploaded using the regular fast method. Hopefully the book still turns out good!

The only reason I did the slow method is I try not to install any programs on our computer that I can avoid (I think you have to download their program in order to use the fast method. The fast method should be just as good (if not better?) than the slow method. I'm sure your photo book will look great!

skohng
11-22-2008, 02:27 AM
any tips on changing your picture resolution?

when i do photobooks on shutterfly or other sites i don't get the "low resolution" warning on my pictures, but on snapfish I do. weird!

mamatomax
11-22-2008, 08:53 AM
any tips on changing your picture resolution?

when i do photobooks on shutterfly or other sites i don't get the "low resolution" warning on my pictures, but on snapfish I do. weird!

I'm having the same problem, and, of course, it's coming up on the beautiful family photo that I want to use on the cover :(

KimMae
11-22-2008, 09:04 AM
Do you think you're getting low resolution messages on the fast uploaded pictures?

megulis
11-22-2008, 10:39 AM
Was it a scan? Scan it in with higher resolution.

mamatomax
11-22-2008, 11:24 AM
Was it a scan? Scan it in with higher resolution.

It's not a scan. It's just a regular photo. I didn't use the software to upload any of them.

MMEand1
11-22-2008, 12:41 PM
I spent over 4 hours trying to make my book. The program keep kicking me off, locking up, and then saying the site was not available. I had to go back in and start all over several times and had to re-do the layouts/background/text about 5-6 times - no kidding! I was going crazy! But, I got it done and it cost me about $16 because I had to add a few extra pages and there was a LA sales tax to ship it to where we will be staying in a few weeks once we move...oh well, it's done!

mamatomax
11-23-2008, 02:27 AM
I realized that the resolution problems were on the pics that had been cropped. I went back and uploaded the original pic, and then I zoomed in with their software. That took care of the problem!

Thank goodness that's done. I can't believe how many hours I spent making that!

MommyofAmaya
11-23-2008, 01:46 PM
I spent four hours on my book last night (the first four hours I've had to myself since my 4 month old was born BTW). When I went to check out, my credit was there and I got an error message re: one of my photos. I replaced it and continued check out but my credit was gone. It was EXACTLY 11:00pm PST. My total was $6.99 for shipping before the error, and $40+ after I replaced the photo (shipping and tax). It was an hour prior to the expiration of the deal. Did anybody else have a similar problem?

It was ridiculous b/c I sobbed like a baby.... I am REALLY sleep deprived and I could have been sleeping for those four hours (it was after 1:00am here in Texas).

chlobo
11-23-2008, 02:00 PM
Email customer service and tell them what happened. Hopefully they'll just offer you a credit to put the order through.

megulis
11-23-2008, 03:19 PM
I would've cried too. I hope they do right by you. I spent way too much time on this when I should've been sleeping also.

mom2aanda
11-23-2008, 04:50 PM
I spent four hours on my book last night (the first four hours I've had to myself since my 4 month old was born BTW). When I went to check out, my credit was there and I got an error message re: one of my photos. I replaced it and continued check out but my credit was gone. It was EXACTLY 11:00pm PST. My total was $6.99 for shipping before the error, and $40+ after I replaced the photo (shipping and tax). It was an hour prior to the expiration of the deal. Did anybody else have a similar problem?

The exact same thing happened to me last night!! I almost pulled my hair out! I went ahead and ordered the book even though it was $40+. I emailed customer service right afterwards hoping that they will credit my account since it seems like some kind of issue on their end. I will post their response once I hear back. Fingers crossed...

...Heard back from customer service. They did the right thing! They sent a very nice email and credited me $30 (instead of $29.99...woohoo, even a gain of a penny)!

veronica
11-23-2008, 05:12 PM
I posted about the error happening to me last week. I was on the phone waiting for over an hour. Once they answered, I got the credit re-issued right away and they explained to me it was because I hit the back button on my browser and I should have clicked on the snapfish logo to go back and fix the picture. Sure enough, I replaced one of the pictures and still got another error and didn't lose the credit when I clicked on the logo the second time around. Their CS is very easy to work with, you should have no problems getting a credit reissued to your account or charge!

mom2chloe
11-23-2008, 05:18 PM
Totally forgot it had to be done yesterday... until about 7:00pm... so I spent about 2.5 hours working on it (fun Saturday night) after my eyes were already crossing from figuring out all my Black Friday stops...

Got it all proofed and ready about 11:00pm. Everything worked like a charm...

Until I realized I'd clicked too fast through the order a second one for half price... DANG IT!!!!! I don't have the patience for Customer Service... well, maybe I will, come to think of it... I wonder if it's too late... can't be with all those orders, right?

MommyofAmaya
11-23-2008, 05:19 PM
I sent an email last night before 11:59 so hopefully everything will work out. I'm sorry to hear it happened to somebody else.

The "back button" theory was definitely the problem. I'll post an update when I get a response from customer service.

Thanks Ladies!

megulis
11-23-2008, 05:41 PM
A second one was for 50% off? I would've considered that. Oh well!

Blakes Mommy
11-24-2008, 12:22 AM
I was trying to rush to get mine done as well when realized I didn't have a credit and decided before I go crazy trying to finish i t I should call them to make sure they would honor it. They did credit my account and when I checked it said NO EXPIRATION!!!!! I was so happy!!! Now I can really take my time. Not sure if this happened because it was the last day or they just made a mistake.

kellij
11-24-2008, 01:08 AM
I thought it said the second was 25% off?

grins88
11-24-2008, 11:36 AM
Yes, I think the second one was 25% off (or at least on mine).

I didn't get mine ordered either. I finished and tried to order around 11pm, and the website keeps freezing up at my cart page (I've tried a ton of different computers). So I emailed customer service...no response yet. Yesterday I called customer service and was on hold for 45 minutes before finally getting through to the rudest customer service person ever. Basically her solution was to keep trying to order (Hello, I've tried like 50 times...It's NOT working), and the CALL BACK to get my refund. WTH!!! So, I just sent customer service another rather lengthy email. I so hope I get this stupid book...I worked on it for literally HOURS going through my DD's whole first year! I'm really frustrated with Snapfish right now. I think Shutterfly will be getting my next regular orders.

ETA: Oh, and the customer service rep I spoke with had the nerve to blame the problem on me because I waited until the last minute to order my book. She said, "Well, the original deadline was the 16th and we extended it once already, so you should have had it done." I was SO ticked!!!

MommyofAmaya
11-24-2008, 12:09 PM
I had not received a response to my email, so I called this morning as soon as they opened 8:00 a.m. CST. I only had to hold for a few minutes. I explained the situation and the CSR credited my account for the book. It also does not have an expiration date. Thanks ladies. I am going to order this ASAP and try not to make the same (back button) mistake again.

They definitely retained my customer loyalty.

megulis
11-24-2008, 12:21 PM
Great to hear!

kristal
11-24-2008, 03:02 PM
I have issues with my order and I'm trying to contact customer service too. I called the 1-800 number listed on the webpage (1-800-634-4500), but the rep told me that this wasn't the correct department to handle the calls for the free photobook. But he didnt know which the right department was, so he couldn't give me the correct number either :banghead:. wierd!

Those of you who have contacted customer service, do you remember which number you used?

Thanks.

MommyofAmaya
11-24-2008, 03:48 PM
That is the same number I called Kristal! I would call back again first thing in the morning when they are in a (hopefully) better mood.