PDA

View Full Version : Tripp Trapp European model + Baby Set (USD 167.15)

BabyChick
11-14-2008, 07:57 AM
All my internet research paid off......finally. I wasn't particularly satisfied with the plastic baby set for the 2008 Tripp Trapp USA model. I was even contemplating purchasing the Keekaroo instead as I preferred a wood baby rail and the option of a tray. But I loved the design of the Tripp Trapp. So my plan was to find and purchase the Tripp Trapp European model with the additional accessories (wood rail, leather crotch strap, backrest and harness). I came across a web-site from the United Kingdom but their quoted shipping costs to the USA was approx. £120.60 approx. (equivalent to 178.85 USD per www.xe.com currency exchange website) using their express courier service. Their prices were great (converting from GBP to US Dollars) but their shipping charges didn't make it worthwhile to order....maybe if you know someone from the UK to ship it to you instead, it would probably be worth it.

This morning I came across the website: www.babytrader.eu. Their website allows you to select the currency (e.g. USD, Euro, GB Pound, Aus Dollar, etc.) you wish to view the product in. I just purchased the Tripp Trapp European model + Baby Set (wood rail, leather crotch strap and backrest) for $167.15, 'Tales' cushion for $36.79 and Harness for $30.49. The shipping charges were $70.68. The total was $305.11.....to me a fantastic deal considering the new '08 USA model costs at least $249.99 plus the plastic Baby Set for $89.99 and the 'Tales' cushion for $54.99 which brings the total to $394.97 (not including tax and shipping but I've found several online stores offering no tax charges and free shipping).

I've sent the vendor an e-mail to advise me of the delivery ETA. I hope it arrives here quickly. I'm excited for my DS to use it.

FYI....as a member of the Baby Club at www.Babycatalog.com, you can save an additional 10% off on certain products. Thru Nov. 30th, the 10% disc. will apply to products where normally the member discount doesn't apply (e.g. Stokke brand products). 1 year membership costs $25.00 and 3 years at $49.99. 1 year FREE MILITARY MEMBERSHIP is being offered to families with an immediate family member in their household who is a current, active or reserve member. For those who want the '08 Tripp Trapp USA model, this is the best deal I've seen so far (no tax and free shipping w/in the 48 states).

BabyChick
11-15-2008, 08:30 AM
Hello,

I wanted to share the latest information that as of this morning when I checked the website www.babytrader.eu, the USD$ on the Stokke Tripp Trapp + accessories had increased by 19% from the above prices listed.

Best Regards.

BabyChick
11-30-2008, 05:12 AM
FYI (for orders shipping to the USA)....at www.babytrader.eu website, when you select to show the product prices in USD currency, the prices include the 19% salestax. Simply click on the inc/exc. VAT text button underneath the subtotal amount to change from "INC. VAT" to "EX. VAT" and the USD price will update to the taxfree amount.

As quoted verbatim on the website's information on Prices and VAT: "When you log in and you live outside the European Union, prices will be shown Taxfree. When the order is shipped directly to a country outside the European Union, you can order taxfree. This means you pay 19% less."

As quoted verbatim regarding Outside EU / VAT:
"When you live outside the EU and your package will be shipped ouside the EU you can shop without VAT (TaxFree). Simply click on the inc/exc. VAT textbutton underneath the subtotal. See screenshot. When you don't live outside the EU and your package shipped inside the EU you can also see the prices with or without VAT. When you finished your order you will see that you only can finish with VAT. Safety and rules are important."

bellydance2290
12-05-2008, 08:38 AM
This is a great deal and my DH and I are probably going to buy from this site. I do have a question about the european model - it comes with the baby set which is great (I have a 6 mth old) but not the harness. Will there be a point that she will be too big for the set but still need some sort of harness to help her stay put?
Thanks!