PDA

View Full Version : Solid, Inexpensive Travel Stroller with Recline

mylegs
11-14-2008, 10:46 AM
Does this exist? We are planning a two week jaunt through Bavaria and Tuscany at the end of the year with 9-month old DS. I currently have a Mac Triumph and a BOB Revolution and we're debating about which to take. The Mac folds great, is light, and DS likes it. The BOB pushes like a breeze and has more storage space for our junk, and DS likes it.

So, should we spend $$$ on a third stroller that's as solid as these two, has decent sized wheels for dealing with cobblestone streets, and reclines for DS to sleep or just pick one that we already have? Advice on what to buy or which current stroller to pick is greatly appreciated!

WatchingThemGrow
11-14-2008, 10:50 AM
I'd take the Triumph and wear him when you're going in the really cobbly places. We use the Ergo a lot when traveling and find it is fun to switch the baby from one person's back to the other for a change of scenery. We love the Triumph for airports, public transportation, and a lot of other situations.

strollerqueen
11-14-2008, 03:03 PM
Great, glad it worked!

bubbaray
11-14-2008, 03:29 PM
You're not going to like the Triumph in Tuscany or Bavaria -- it has small wheels and both those locations have LOTS of cobblestones.

I would either take the BOB or get a new stroller, like the P3, that has bigger wheels and isn't tippy.

FYI, Bavaria will very likely have snow, lots of snow, by the end of December. So, your best bet will be your BOB over the P3, which does not handle snow well.

Tondi G
11-14-2008, 04:01 PM
I'd take the BOB!

codex57
11-14-2008, 05:59 PM
I'd take the Triumph and wear him when you're going in the really cobbly places. We use the Ergo a lot when traveling and find it is fun to switch the baby from one person's back to the other for a change of scenery. We love the Triumph for airports, public transportation, and a lot of other situations.

That's what I'd do.

mylegs
01-15-2009, 12:05 PM
Just wanted to report back on our choice. We ended up taking the BOB and a Beco carrier. My DH, who's really tall, found it so much easier to push. While the BOB was big and had to be hand screened at airports, it seemed to be so much smaller than some of the European strollers we saw! DS napped and played in it and appeared to like having a better footrest than the Triumph. For nights out, or when we just didn't want to hassle with a big stroller, the Beco carrier was great. Kept DS warm and close. I think the Triumph would have been OK, but the BOB was a great baby (and gear) hauler.