PDA

View Full Version : What to do ? Baby LOVES being held

TraciG
11-14-2008, 11:11 AM
When he was an infant I used the BJorn, now he is almost 9 month's old, there is NO WAY I will use the BJorn anymore , KILL'S my neck ! My neck has been hurting these day's also from holding him.

When we're out shopping he's in the stroller but a lot of time we have to hold him. I'm wondering if it's worth it to buy a carrier at this point & at his age ??? Also if I did decide to buy one which one, I hear good thing's about the Ergo one ?

ahrimie
11-14-2008, 01:01 PM
i love the ergo! i just started using it actually and my baby is 6 months now.. it's sooo much more comfortable than the bjorn (i used to the bjorn for quick trips or at the mall if i didn't use my moby).

when i was in nyc the other weekend, that's all i used actually. didn't even bother taking the stroller. and i what i really love about the ergo, minus comfort, is that my husband loves wearing it too! he's a very macho macho man and even he thinks it's much better than the bjorn.

vahnessuh
11-14-2008, 01:45 PM
if your baby likes to face forward, i would recommend the pikkolo. it's very much like the ergo but allows the baby to face forward... something the ergo can't do. i have one and i totally love it.

kate909
11-14-2008, 02:36 PM
My DS is 20 months and we use the ToddlerHawk (like a BabyHawk, but taller). I also can use a ring sling for times when he may want up and then down in a few minutes. I've never used the Ergo, but I've heard lots of good things about it.

For more advice, check out thebabywearer.com - tons of great info on carriers, and really nice, helpful mamas over there. :D

Swimfreak78
11-14-2008, 09:06 PM
I got the Ergo when DS was six months old. If you are concerned about the $$ you are spending on a carrier consider picking one up secondhand. I see them on craigslist and at local consignment shops. That being said, I love my Ergo.

cottagemom
11-14-2008, 09:19 PM
I have used a hippychick hipseat with both my boys. It is fabulous!

http://www.hippychick.com/

SnuggleBuggles
11-14-2008, 09:24 PM
I ditched my Bjorn for good at 8 months and bought a Beco Butterfly. Ds is nearing 12m and I can use the Beco with comfort and ease. It is so much better than the Bjorn! I bought it at frogmama.com because there were really good deals (I spent a while reading deals on thebabywearer.com 1st).

Beth