PDA

View Full Version : Chicco Polly Highchair-help!!

Dofflemyer
11-14-2008, 02:06 PM
My husband and I got the Chicco travel system and pack & play and they're great. So we thought we'd get the Polly Highchair as well, right? Well, upon looking at reviews at Babies R Us today my husband calls and says some of the reviews were pretty terrible and now we're second guessing our decision. Graco's high chair was rated really well but I really wasn't a fan of any of the patterns and we had already gotten the othe Chicco stuff so I figured the highchair would be a good fit for us. What do you all think is best? Thanks so much!

wendibird22
11-14-2008, 02:27 PM
I have this highchair and have been using it since DD was probably 3 or 4mos. There are some things about the design that I'm not a huge fan of, but really, overall both DH and I like the high chair. My only 2 complaints about the design are the fact that the "dishwasher safe" tray toppers don't fit in our dishwasher (which is standard size) and that there is a seam that runs around the middle of the tray where the top plastic and bottom plastic meet. This seam runs right along the part of the tray that faces your LOs body. Thus, it is a magnet for food and gunk. But, all you need is a toothpick and some water and you can easily clean the gunk out of the seam. It's just a shame that you have to do this extra step.

But we love the look of it and it fits with our kitchen decor. I did not want anything with loud baby or animal patterns on it.

WatchingThemGrow
11-14-2008, 02:31 PM
I wouldn't get something just because it matches other gear - esp. stuff that stays in your trunk or goes with you on trips. Play with them yourself, find some things that get good user reviews, and choose from there. Different manufacturers excel with different products.

We read the reviews in BB, but played with the Peg high chair when our niece was using it. We've been more than happy with it despite a few people's comments that the tray was too far away and that it is tough to clean. We use a scoop bib to catch stuff and cleaning isn't an issue either.

Play with the different models yourself. Oh, our 2006 Peg chair is in Oatmeal, and I know exactly how you feel about screaming animal patterns.

junebaby07
11-14-2008, 02:32 PM
We have it as well and really don't have any complaints My dd is 17 months now and for the last few months she has been using the fisher price booster seat attached to our dining room table. I probably wouldn't have spent so much on a highchair ($130ish when we got) if I new my daughter would probably use it for less than a year.